VOSA Publications

I’m sure I am not alone but for roughly three months now I’ve been calling up VOSA and asking if they could send me out publication GV262. Every time I’ve called up I’ve constantly heard, and I quote, “We’re currently out of stock but we should have some in in two weeks”.

This morning I called up and was told by a woman that in order to get my publication I have to go onto the VOSA website and pay to have it sent out to me. Not impressed, I went onto the website, but guess what?..sweet duck all was on there about paying for it. Not only that, but the publication they had on their website was GV262 - 01, which if you’re up to date on your law, is out of date as the current publication is GV262 - 02, which was supposedly released in March…more than a month on and they still don’t have it!

I’d like to know how VOSA can justify taking legal action against a driver for minor tacho offences if all they offer on their website is out of date publications!?..We all know they tell us its our responsibility to keep up to date but how can we if they can’t even let us!

Before any of you say I should try and find GV262 - 02 somewhere else on the internet such as the transport office or direct gov websites, a downloaded version isn’t any use when I’m actually telling a TM what the law says, as I’m sure many of you know, TM’s don’t seem to know anything excpt the pure art of hassle.

I’d be intrigued to hear any comments by someone from the VOSA team.

There haven’t been any changes to the regulations since April 2007, so the older booklet will have just the same stuff as the newer one and will keep you right.

That booklet is only a guide to the regulations, not teh regs themself. Download and print out the regs HERE, it’s only 13 pages and you could do a couple of copies so you can donate one to any TM who needs educating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
There haven’t been any changes to the regulations since April 2007, so the older booklet will have just the same stuff as the newer one and will keep you right.

That booklet is only a guide to the regulations, not teh regs themself. Download and print out the regs HERE, it’s only 13 pages and you could do a couple of copies so you can donate one to any TM who needs educating. :stuck_out_tongue:

There has been one change I know of…which is holiday entitlement, which most still employers don’t know about, but who knows what else might have changed. Hence why I want the latest copy.

My local VOSA said they have not got any yet and there are changes which make 01 out of date and they will not issue the 01s because of that :exclamation: :exclamation:

They are just as frustrated as you :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

you would have thought that VOSA would have out a PDF 02 version onto their site so that it could be printed off…

ROG:
My local VOSA said they have not got any yet and there are changes which make 01 out of date and they will not issue the 01s because of that :exclamation: :exclamation:

you would have thought that VOSA would have out a PDF 02 version onto their site so that it could be printed off…

Yeah exactly…its crazy that the organisation that’s supposed to police us can’t even sort themselves out. But it’s just the whole “…two weeks time” that’s really annoying me, as I said, for three months now I’ve been told two weeks!

Adam_Mc:
There has been one change I know of…which is holiday entitlement, which most still employers don’t know about, but who knows what else might have changed. Hence why I want the latest copy.

Holiday entitlement isn’t covered by the tacho rules, or policed by VOSA, so isn’t in the booklet. The latest version is only a reprint, not an updated version, it is no different to the Sept. 08 version.

If you want the holiday entitlement regs it would be one page to print of from any of a number of sites.

ROG:

Here is the latest version and as you can see it is only a reprint, no changes.

Produced by COI on behalf of VOSA. November 2007. Ref: 277535. Reprinted June 2008. Ref: 285512. Updated and reprinted September 2008. Ref: 290325. Reprinted February 2009. Ref: 292479.

Coffeeholic:

Adam_Mc:

Holiday entitlement isn’t covered by the tacho rules, or policed by VOSA, so isn’t in the booklet. The latest version is only a reprint, not an updated version, it is no different to the Sept. 08 version.

If you want the holiday entitlement regs it would be one page to print of from any of a number of sites.

Holiday isn’t covered by the Tacho rules but it is covered by the WTD, which forms part of the publication, Therefore it is in there. It is only one small sentence so maybe you’ve just overlooked it.

a driver showed me a copy of the new types of on the spot fines for various defects the other day but i can’t find it on vosa’s website, any help with this would be good so i can keep it in the unit for reference

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Here is the latest version and as you can see it is only a reprint, no changes.

Produced by COI on behalf of VOSA. November 2007. Ref: 277535. Reprinted June 2008. Ref: 285512. Updated and reprinted September 2008. Ref: 290325. Reprinted February 2009. Ref: 292479.

I see your point…and looking at the holiday bit it does say the same thing as the last one…However, I don’t have the last one, so I’d still need the new one anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Adam_Mc:
However, I don’t have the last one, so I’d still need the new one anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a tidy out of the truck last week and binned a couple of copies of it, I would gladly have posted you one if only this thread had been a week earlier. :cry: :cry: I pretty sure I only have the one copy of it now but I’ll check for you if you like.

Coffeeholic:

Adam_Mc:
However, I don’t have the last one, so I’d still need the new one anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a tidy out of the truck last week and binned a couple of copies of it, I would gladly have posted you one if only this thread had been a week earlier. :cry: :cry: I pretty sure I only have the one copy of it now but I’ll check for you if you like.

Na don’t worry…I’ll let VOSA spend their hard earned cash from drivers fines to pay for the postage :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Adam_Mc:

Hi neil it is in the the new one 2009 and the 2008 and in the 2007 got all three years how sad am i

just in case its on page 43

an entitlement to 4.8 weeks’ paid annual leave (increased to 5.6 weeks from 1 April 2009)

delboytwo:
Hi neil it is in the the new one 2009 and the 2008 and in the 2007 got all three years how sad am i

just in case its on page 43

an entitlement to 4.8 weeks’ paid annual leave (increased to 5.6 weeks from 1 April 2009)

Yeah, I had forgotten that book covers the WTD as well, but that’s all it says. It doesn’t explain anything about the entitlement and how the number of actual days you will be entitled to relates to your normal working week. There are better sources of information for that.

Adam_Mc:

Holiday entitlement? Everything is covered here, or is it ?
direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ … G_10029788

Just to set the record straight about the replacement of GV262 2008-01 with -02.

The -01 version had a few minor changes made to it, mainly changing a couple of diagrams. Proofs were sent to the publishers and copies received back that were checked and approved. We received the bulk order and started shipping them out to test stations. That was when a snag was discovered, what had been published was not what had been agreed, there were a number of differences, some of them potentially embarrassing. The whole lot, we’re talking tens of thousands of copies, had to be recalled. There followed a line by line comparison of what had been printed and what should have been printed. We then had to go through the whole process of proofing again and yes, the production copies had to be checked as well. All of which takes time. The good news is that they should now be being dispatched to the test stations that have ordered them.

Couple of other points;

Adam_Mc; will send you a copy of the book as soon as I can lay my hands on one.

The Fixed Penalty Notices and Graduated Deposit monies doesn’t go to VOSA, it all goes to the Treasury, just like the fines that are paid in Court.

A document is being finalized regarding vehicle defects / drivers hours and tacho offences and the level of Fixed Penalty amount payable. As soon as it is approved for circulation, I’ll get a copy posted on here.

geebee45:
A document is being finalized regarding vehicle defects / drivers hours and tacho offences and the level of Fixed Penalty amount payable. As soon as it is approved for circulation, I’ll get a copy posted on here.

I reckon i won’t need a copy!! But i will print one out for the ‘other lads’ in work :smiley:
I’d like to say thanks for your input on the forums. I know you don’t have to do it and so lacking in many public bodies is an interest in what they actually do!!! So for me your input wether its VOSA or not is very much welcomed !!