Drivers cpc case study books

whats the best book to use?

beano3500.jpg

Hutchie:
whats the best book to use?

Do you mean the “Driver CPC” as you’ve said or do you really mean the National/International CPC ?

If you mean the “Driver CPC” then save your money as any case study is simply made up by the trainer who may or may not know what he’s talking about, it’s a bit of a lottery in that respect :wink:

If you’re talking about the case studies for the International CPC I’ve no doubt someone will be able to advise you :wink:

no im talking about the actual thoery cpc case study! ive got mines booked i just need to know which book covers it

I found that everything I got from the official DSA multiple choice theory test book was exactly what I needed for the Case Studies. I seem to think some people do it during their practical training week but I preferred to get it out of the way first.

im in the same boat as you peak i wanna get that bit out the way first!

I did mine on Friday and got 42 out of 50 (pass mark is 37). Most of it was common sense but I did think the questions ranged from really simple to quite hard. I didn’t get one right about Groupage or Cabotage and it doesnt really explain that in the book, worth a google!

I think if you know the basics you would get a pass mark and anything else gets you those few extra points.

I bought this book, It gives you a couple of test examples ect,

play.com/Books/Books/4-/8504 … Price&fb=0

But it’s really not needed, as long as you read “The OFFICIAL DSA THEORY TEST for Drivers of Large Vehicles” everything you need to know is covered in there, or i bought the cd rom PC version and it was great. Goodluck :slight_smile:

peak_46:
… I didn’t get one right about Groupage or Cabotage and it doesnt really explain that in the book, worth a google!

Yes mate, you could ‘google’ it and spend a while looking at a load of nonsense that inevitably comes from that kind of search, or you could ask on here. :wink:

Generally speaking and without undue technicality…
Groupage.
Small (part-load) consignments collected together, usually warehoused for a while, until it makes a (consolidated) full load for onward dispatch using a larger vehicle.
Once the groupage load has arrived at another warehouse nearer to the final desinations for the consignments, the load is broken down into the smaller individual consigments for final local delivery.
Advantage: Lower carriage charges for the person paying for the transport.
Disadvantage: It takes longer.

Cabotage.
The act of collecting and delivering a load in a country other than the country in which the vehicle is registered.
Eg.: A UK registered vehicle collects a load in Paris for delivery to Bordeaux, or an Italian vehicle collecting a load from Birmingham for delivery to London.

I hope that helps. :smiley:

Good luck with it Hutchie know you will be fine