Driver Shortage!

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … tages.html

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … tages.html
lol

Already covered

how many times do I have to say this if there is such a big shortage of hgv driver’s then why have we not all had a massive pay rise, pay decent wages and watch them flock to the industry until then we shall have to keep reading this drivell

Driving isn’t worth doing.I’m treated like a Muppet everyday.im expected to break regs and health and safety .then u don’t get paid by one in 3 cowboys.I wish I’d been an accountant

Sounds like another training scam like CPC.“we’ve got to make money”

They may be a driver shortage!
It’s easily remedied by giving the long term unemployed their CPC and a licence.
Many of the dinosaurs on this forum got their vocation through Job Club in the 80s

Hands up if you still think were in a skilled job?

Shortage of temporary workers maybe? Shortage of people willing to be messed around like they used to be and changed industries?
There’s a shortage of full time jobs with decent pay that’s a fact.

OllieNotts:
There’s a shortage of full time jobs with decent pay that’s a fact.

yep

Nice bit of tailgating going on in the top pic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well after today there’ll be one less driver, doing my last run :wink:

NTSA

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=124084

chicane:

Enjoy your retirement mate, I won’t be too far behind you, I just can’t muster up even the slightest enthusiasm for the job any more. :stuck_out_tongue:

there is a shortage of good agency drivers, that can do the job and speak english etc

the problem is the industry relies to much on agency drivers to fill in the gaps. now the gaps are being filled by non english speaking drivers who many have no experience at all of driving. the firms are going nuts and trying to hire people who can speak different languages in there offices to try to cope with the huge influx there is on the roads these days

there is no shortage that will effect wages as we have an open door policy so you can only expect more and more polish or whatever drivers to be starting up each week to fill the gap but they do bring there own problems that will need to be sorted out

so there really is only a shortage of English speaking drivers who have experience is all, and there not worth a carrot in this industry

I can guarantee there will be a driver shortage within the next 1-2 years closely followed by a glut of drivers…

Every time I have changed trade (5 times so far) there has been a shortage initially followed by a massive influx. I have just paid for my C training out of my own pocket and as soon as I pass I will be paying for my CE training. This pretty much guarantees that within the next 2-3 years the government will do something to screw it up for me :unamused: :confused: :laughing: .

Perhaps we should actually let our insurance companies “tier” the population from now on?

If firms were told “It’ll cost you double the insurance to take on foreigners who’ve not got actual paper qualifications in English Language AND driving” - firms will either be setting up a lot of in-house English Language schools (as Wincanski seem to have done) or they’ll actually consider not taking on more than a token number of foreigners instead of going out of their way to get them in future.

What happens in personal injury claims when some bystander has say, lost a leg after being hit by a improperly-trained foreign driver?

Does the plaintiff push up the claim amount for “unsafe business practice” etc?

Just seen in look north there is a national shortage of chicken sexers!!!

Harry Monk:

chicane:

Enjoy your retirement mate, I won’t be too far behind you, I just can’t muster up even the slightest enthusiasm for the job any more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got in from my last shift shut the door and thought THANK FORK!! just poured myself a celebratory glass, may have more :laughing:

our only hope the way i see it is for ukip to win enough seats to cause a mayor problem for government. they are the only party that will close the door or i should say the only chance there is to do something about it, or sadly this time in 5 years you will be lucky to find anyone left other than the unemployed who can speak English

samsgrandad:
how many times do I have to say this if there is such a big shortage of hgv driver’s then why have we not all had a massive pay rise, pay decent wages and watch them flock to the industry until then we shall have to keep reading this drivell

Because anytime someone dares to suggest our job is not easy they are met with wave after wave of indignant drivers who are apoplectic with rage and will stop at nothing to argue their case about how our job is easy,has a simple test,no one appreciates us,the world would stop without us,its unimportant etc etc