Daily mirror today

Jobs for hgv drivers loads of them right across the UK… GOOD NEWS THEN HEY FOR 2011

I keep hearing we are going to have another driver shortage, the figures I’ve heard are 200 drivers leave the industry each week and only 20 join it. How they work that out I don’t know.

But having gone back onto UK general haulage in the last few months I’d say it’s only a job I’d now do as a last resort.

fuse:
Jobs for hgv drivers loads of them right across the UK… GOOD NEWS THEN HEY FOR 2011

Are you sure it doesn’t read 'Loads of HGV drivers for jobs right across the UK?

muckles:
I keep hearing we are going to have another driver shortage, the figures I’ve heard are 200 drivers leave the industry each week .

I CAN,T THINK WHY :wink: :wink: :unamused:

robroy:

muckles:
I keep hearing we are going to have another driver shortage, the figures I’ve heard are 200 drivers leave the industry each week .

I CAN,T THINK WHY :wink: :wink: :unamused:

I can where do you want me to start. :laughing:

If I’m not stating the Bl**din’ obvious these jobs are advertised in Job Centres by agencies. 80 vacancies at Warrington job centre last week, nearly all were agencies but still counted as vacancies.

The statistics are just a big con trick.

Wish someone would find out the actual number of EMPLOYERS/HAULAGE COMPANIES with actual permanent vacancies.

fuse:

Yeh “GOOD NEWS THEN HEY FOR 2011” I bet we are to be more appreciated by the public (and they may come to even like us), we,ll be treated like people by our employers, given a decent wage structure and a realistic rate of pay, less pressure will be put on present over regulated situation to attract new drivers, and provision of civilised o.night parking places,. About time :laughing:
…I also believe in Santa, the tooth fairy. and I,m looking forwards to Elvis,s comeback concert. :unamused: :unamused:

Sounds like one of them ‘articles’ which is really one of those recruitment advertisements that says pass your test in a week and earn 700+ a week etc, load of (zb) :confused:

I can’t see next year being very good for the transport industry, most people I know already have far less to spend, we have a VAT and a fuel duty rise next wek that will put 3.5p on a litre of fuel, gas and electricity prices are very high during a cold winter and the Bank of England say interest rates will start to rise next year which is going to cause even more hardship.

The 200 that leave the industry all do so because they have read the verbal diarrhea from Adam-Mc and don’t want to be associated with people like that. Rather be a beggar outside the local station :laughing: :laughing:

DoYouMeanMe?:
The 200 that leave the industry all do so because they have read the verbal diarrhea from Adam-Mc and don’t want to be associated with people like that. Rather be a beggar outside the local station :laughing: :laughing:

You will probably take more money begging outside the station :smiley:

our boss said he wants to double size of buisness in next 2 years[that quote was a while ago], so as weve got appx 200 drivers id say there going to need 200 more in next year,so sounds about right to me.

I keep see that in the sun every week if there is so meany jobs why are so meany driver with out jobs

Here’s a link to the artice…

mirror.co.uk/advice/jobs/201 … -22814168/

Even some totty to look at!

I have just looked at the daily mirror today and it does say (HGV JOBS GALORE)it is not an advert it is an article of news it say where all the jobs are and the rate for the job it states 25,710 vacancies for hgv drivers before xmas and another 10,193 for light van drivers.

Heavy goods driving allows people the freedom to get out and about on the open road and the industry is really changing and becoming more flexible, says Employment Minister Chris Grayling.

Drivers dont have to be away from home all week

Read more: mirror.co.uk/advice/jobs/201 … z19cJm6xnC

Freedom to sit for hours on the M25! more flexible? does he mean we have to bend over even further for the bosses in appriciation of them giving us jobs? The only changes I’ve noticed certainly don’t benefit the drivers, only the employers, VOSA, training providers and the tax man!

25,710 vacancies for hgv drivers before xmas and another 10,193 for light van drivers. ok but how many of these jobs are seasonal and due to the cold snap weve had i.e employers takeing on to get the parcels etc to customers, i would imagine the figure is actually alot lower.

I tend to think that articles like this in the tabloid press are designed to encourage people to respond to the adverts towards the rear of the newspaper where adverts appear explaining to desperate people clutching modest redundancy payments that they can earn £40,000 a year driving a truck if they take lessons from the HGV driving school advertising there.

Got to agree,same thing in the other ‘red top’ they’re just encouraging advertiser’s,i.e. drver training co’s,when did you last see a job from an actual company running its own motor’s in any of the daily’s ‘recruitment’ section’s?

lynchy:
Got to agree,same thing in the other ‘red top’ they’re just encouraging advertiser’s,i.e. drver training co’s,when did you last see a job from an actual company running its own motor’s in any of the daily’s ‘recruitment’ section’s?

Yes, it’s like they will have a completely non-news feature about how wonderful is is to be a White Van Man and illustrate it with some loon grinning dementedly in front of a Ford Transit, then a few pages further back you read how you can earn £500 a day driving from London to Manchester, even in your own car, and all you have to do is send off £249 to get the booklet explaining how…