Driver Killed.

Man dies in tree cutting incident
A man has died after he was injured cutting down trees in Powys.

Dyfed-Powys Police said the incident happened on Tuesday morning in an area known as Cascob, near Presteigne.

It is understood the emergency services were called after reports a man was trapped under a tree on the rear of a timber lorry.

Police, fire crews, paramedics was called to the scene at 1148 GMT. The man was taken to hospital in the air ambulance but died.

The Health and Safety Executive has been informed.

A spokeswoman for the Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service said they were called after reports a man was trapped under a tree on the rear of a timber lorry.

A spokesman for the Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust said they had been told a tree had fallen on to a cutter before injuring the man, who was in his 50s.

Cross winds meant the air ambulance was not able to land as close as normal so an ambulance had to take the patient to the nearest safe landing place for the helicopter, the spokesman said.

He was then flown to hospital for emergency treatment.

A spokeswoman for Dyfed-Powys Police said: "Police, Fire Brigade and the Ambulance Service attended the scene.

“Tragically the man died on his way to hospital. Health and Safety have been advised.”

It seems it was the driver,not a cutter,unconfirmed yet.

It seem’s it was a chap in his fifties.Condolancies to his family.

Dave / anyone

If anyone finds out who this was, please let me know. I deal with a lot of the timber hauliers along the borders, and if it was someonew who delivers to me, I’d like to send condolences.

wood fuel:
Dave / anyone

If anyone finds out who this was, please let me know. I deal with a lot of the timber hauliers along the borders, and if it was someonew who delivers to me, I’d like to send condolences.

I think it was one of Les Hughes & Son drivers. I saw one of their Foden timber wagons going through the village,where I live,about an hour before it happened,the forest is not far from here. Also another timber haulier told a mate of mine,it was one of theirs.

Man named in tree cutting death
A man who died in a tree-cutting incident suffered multiple injuries, say police who are investigating.

Graham Pugh from Tregynon, near Newtown in Powys died in the incident at Presteigne.

The 52-year-old is thought to have been struck by a tree as he loaded a trailer in the Cascob area.

Police, fire crews, paramedics was called to the scene at 1148 GMT on Tuesday. The man was taken to hospital in an air ambulance but died.

The Health and Safety Executive has been informed.