RIP Lad

This crash happened near to my home town, lorry driver just doing his job and car driver who lost control at the wrong time :cry:

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales … -30305415/

Been a bad week on the A470, a 24 year old girl died between Llangurig an Rhayader, and a couple were involved in a crash with a rigid fuel tanker abut 3 miles from the crash where that young lad died.

hiya…look at this lot… the truck may have been doing about 25mph as it had just come of a roundabout
the car had just left a set of lights 300 yds previous. in a 30 zone. the car is’n even on its own side of the road
a young lad lost his life…very sad… i’am not asking for comments, its just when will some slow down
i bet the lorry drive will feel s… for ages…this happened feb 2012

John

People watch the news and still take stupid risks with lorries, the sooner cameras are compulsory the better IMO

Probably man’s biggest fault, not learning from the mistakes of others. We always have to prove that we can be just as stupid.

Saw that one on the Welsh news bubsy.Another case of a young driver not knowing the dangers of freezing road conditions by the looks of it.Not nice for the Scanias driver.
Very sad also the young woman from Llanidloes.

I found out from my dad that my half brother who drives artics for usually bibbys through an agency that about 3 months ago he had a young lad run headfirst into his truck as he was on the motorway my brother couldn’t do anything apparently this lad had split with his girlfriend and had already tried to kill himself by stealing s car and driving it into a tree that didn’t work so he legged it onto the motorway straight into the path of my brothers artic he didn’t survive and it really affected my brother he is so wary of people at the side of roads now… :frowning:

mark41:
I found out from my dad that my half brother who drives artics for usually bibbys through an agency that about 3 months ago he had a young lad run headfirst into his truck as he was on the motorway my brother couldn’t do anything apparently this lad had split with his girlfriend and had already tried to kill himself by stealing s car and driving it into a tree that didn’t work so he legged it onto the motorway straight into the path of my brothers artic he didn’t survive and it really affected my brother he is so wary of people at the side of roads now… :frowning:

I always give anything on my left hand side as much room as I possibly can, better to be safe than sorry.

Dave the Renegade:
Saw that one on the Welsh news bubsy.Another case of a young driver not knowing the dangers of freezing road conditions by the looks of it.Not nice for the Scanias driver.

I think it might be one of R and B’s trucks as it was heading away from BSW in Newbridge, dont think the guy that died was local as no one knows who it was, the Brecon and Radnor paper will propably reveal more next week

bubsy06:

Dave the Renegade:

I think it might be one of R and B’s trucks as it was heading away from BSW in Newbridge, dont think the guy that died was local as no one knows who it was, the Brecon and Radnor paper will propably reveal more next week

Down to inexperience I would guess.Don’t know any of R & B drivers even though they aren’t far from me.Obviously no blame attached to him.

bubsy06:
This crash happened near to my home town, lorry driver just doing his job and car driver who lost control at the wrong time :cry:

While not wishing in any way to play down the seriousness of the situation it sure looks like the truck driver might’ve had a lucky escape if you notice how far his load of timber has shifted forward, my condolences go out to the young lads family who i believe includes an uncle who is a fellow trucker of ours

wyefielder:

bubsy06:

While not wishing in any way to play down the seriousness of the situation it sure looks like the truck driver might’ve had a lucky escape if you notice how far his load of timber has shifted forward, my condolences go out to the young lads family who i believe includes an uncle who is a fellow trucker of ours

He had a very lucky escape
(better pic) shows that the lorry driver braked hard as the car was coming sideways into the front of his lorry, it is a good road which you can go flat out on but a bit of ice makes it a totally different ball game.

bubsy06:

mark41:

I always give anything on my left hand side as much room as I possibly can, better to be safe than sorry.

i would of thought he does too but apparently this lad came running out of nowhere and literally ran with his head down like a charging bull straight into the front of his truck.

mark41:

bubsy06:

mark41:

i would of thought he does too but apparently this lad came running out of nowhere and literally ran with his head down like a charging bull straight into the front of his truck.

Bit like those 2 nutters on motorway cops?

At least it shows that 2 straps is not quite sufficient for a pack of timber

at least the coppers chalked his wheels for him…

Judging by the colour of the straps, they look to be very old and most likely, the ratchets are too.

At my old place when carrying chipboard, all Spanset straps had a use-by date and had to be replaced and ratchets were serviced regularly too. Can’t see any edge protectors/sleeves either.
The board moving forward was always a fear of mine.

Wheel Nut:
At least it shows that 2 straps is not quite sufficient for a pack of timber[/quote
you can throw as many straps as you like over the top but it wont stop the load shifting forward

WPC looks like she has a decent bum on her!

DonutUK:
WPC looks like she has a decent bum on her!

you should go to specsavers.