DPD / Geopost??

Hi All

Just the usual info if anyone can help?

What are they like to work for on Linehaul and is the pay about the same as most other haulage companies?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi
I’m on for dpd, not too bad to work for easy enough work decent motors …well most of them anyway !!.
Not much day work mostly afternoon starts latest you’ll finish as a “day” driver is 0.45 am so not everyones cup of tea.
You don’t say if it’s a depot job your looking at or hub based ,if it’s depot may be diff terms not sure as i’m hub based.
Money wise it’s not to bad you get night premium on top of your hourly rate after 18.00 so is slightly above average i would imagine.
ÂŁ12.50 bonus every week without fail
if you post where you based if it’s a depot job i’ll ask one of the lads what the crack is
Chris

m4rky:
Hi All

Just the usual info if anyone can help?

What are they like to work for on Linehaul and is the pay about the same as most other haulage companies?

Cheers :slight_smile:

I worked for them several years ago. Great company if you are on Linehaul based at a depot and running in. You have to go to Smethwick for a week to do a training course to learn defensive and economical driving. They put you up in a decent hotel whilst you do it. Depending on what depot you’re at, you may or may not have to load cages. Its then a case of driving to Smethwick, dumping the trailer where you’re told at the gate, fuelling up, parking up, going up to the traffic office and handing in the paperwork. From then its a case of sitting in the drivers restaurant (serves good meals) until about 20 minutes before your departure time. Then you go get in front of your trailer, go into the hub and wait until you’re told you can go, hook up and back to the depot. When you are back at the depot you may or may not have to wait until they’ve unloaded the trailer depending if they’ve got Class 1 drivers on site who will park it up. Full uniform is provided.

Now and again you may be asked to do a drugs/drink test and you may have to leave your wagon at the garage - they service them whilst you’re waiting for your trailer. I didn’t see any short cutting of anything in my time there. Only downside is occassionally the SS may follow you to and from the depot as you have to stick to the route they tell you and if you need to stop for a ■■■■, you need to ring in and tell them. Oh, and sometimes the queue to get into Smethwick can get a bit long, especially at Xmas. Strangely enough, the busier it is the fewer hours you do as they turn around the trailers quicker.

The money they offered was quite above the average for my county. I was on ÂŁ600 a week back in 2003.

chris c:
Hi
I’m on for dpd, not too bad to work for easy enough work decent motors …well most of them anyway !!.
Not much day work mostly afternoon starts latest you’ll finish as a “day” driver is 0.45 am so not everyones cup of tea.
You don’t say if it’s a depot job your looking at or hub based ,if it’s depot may be diff terms not sure as i’m hub based.
Money wise it’s not to bad you get night premium on top of your hourly rate after 18.00 so is slightly above average i would imagine.
if you post where you based if it’s a depot job i’ll ask one of the lads what the crack is
Chris

Thanks Chris - It maybe hub based I’m just talking to a fella at the moment so nothing certain. Afternoons or nights are fine but what sort of shift pattern do they work? Can you get any weekends off? Cheers

Conor:
I worked for them several years ago. Great company if you are on Linehaul based at a depot and running in. You have to go to Smethwick for a week to do a training course to learn defensive and economical driving. They put you up in a decent hotel whilst you do it. Depending on what depot you’re at, you may or may not have to load cages. Its then a case of driving to Smethwick, dumping the trailer where you’re told at the gate, fuelling up, parking up, going up to the traffic office and handing in the paperwork. From then its a case of sitting in the drivers restaurant (serves good meals) until about 20 minutes before your departure time. Then you go get in front of your trailer, go into the hub and wait until you’re told you can go, hook up and back to the depot. When you are back at the depot you may or may not have to wait until they’ve unloaded the trailer depending if they’ve got Class 1 drivers on site who will park it up. Full uniform is provided.

Now and again you may be asked to do a drugs/drink test and you may have to leave your wagon at the garage - they service them whilst you’re waiting for your trailer. I didn’t see any short cutting of anything in my time there. Only downside is occassionally the SS may follow you to and from the depot as you have to stick to the route they tell you and if you need to stop for a ■■■■, you need to ring in and tell them. Oh, and sometimes the queue to get into Smethwick can get a bit long, especially at Xmas. Strangely enough, the busier it is the fewer hours you do as they turn around the trailers quicker.

The money they offered was quite above the average for my county. I was on ÂŁ600 a week back in 2003.

Thanks Conor great info :slight_smile:

m4rky:

chris c:
Hi
Chris

Thanks Chris - It maybe hub based I’m just talking to a fella at the moment so nothing certain. Afternoons or nights are fine but what sort of shift pattern do they work? Can you get any weekends off? Cheers[/quote

Shift patterns are on a rosta and start anywhere from 9 in morning to 4 in the afternoon some runs have overtime on them some are flat 8 3/4 .
Weekend work is overtime and optional - time and half sat ,double time sunday.

chris c:
Shift patterns are on a rosta and start anywhere from 9 in morning to 4 in the afternoon some runs have overtime on them some are flat 8 3/4 .

Cheers again mate just the info that I needed :slight_smile:

m4rky:

chris c:

No probs mate you going to go for the job?

chris c:

m4rky:

chris c:

You have a PM :slight_smile:

m4rky:

chris c:

m4rky:

chris c:

You have a PM :slight_smile:

Replied :slight_smile: