Who can fill me in on Dpd

Hi gents. I’ve just done my first day back after hols and ive had enough already. Salaried 48hrs a week and most weeks are 50 upwards. Planners got no clues at all expecting magic and think I’m piloting a Chinook or something similar so I’m looking at DPD Oldbury. Has anyone got any genuine info as I’ve only heard 2nd 3rd and even 4th hand about it. Your assistance is really appreciated gents :smiley:

Linehaul or C&D?

All Linehaul drivers at least when I used to be there were required to go to Smethwick for a 1 week in house training course where you basically do the Mercedes driver training course.

By Oldbury you mean the main hub at Smethwick?

Easiest job you’ll ever do if you’re on Linehaul. Everything done by the book, well maintained kit, good uniform, very good drivers canteen.

Well, you know what they say, if you only get paid for 48, you only work for 48 simple, i can understand if it was now and again, but if its regular, just get parked up within time, or you can add the hours up as you go through the week, then on friday tell them you can only work 5 hours or whatever…good luck with the job search.

Thanks guys. Connor that may well swing it for me.

truckyboy:
Well, you know what they say, if you only get paid for 48, you only work for 48 simple, i can understand if it was now and again, but if its regular, just get parked up within time, or you can add the hours up as you go through the week, then on friday tell them you can only work 5 hours or whatever…good luck with the job search.

They’re not some shoddy crap haulage firm. They do run the job properly so there’s no need to do that.

Leeb2461. Check your PM’s

Einstein you are a legend. Cheers mate :laughing: