double manning

is there realy much call for it anymore , would prefer to do internatniol as vosa are a bunch of [zb]s :laughing:

If you dislike the Vosa ; WHAT do you believe
you will think /like about the European version , who
by the way may just be even stricter about certain
points than the Vosa,

vosa just seam to pick fault with anything , money is tight so they just target motorist’s as ever .

was thinking germany to be honest as spent 9-10months just driving there and now driving back in the uk seams crazy compared to what you can get away with over there .

am not wanting to run bent or nothing like that but at the minute pepole have to decide if its cheaper to stay at home or pay the fines from our govermont .

would like to double man a unit in the uk but is there sufficent runs to make it possible for it to run around the clock

psv8:
was thinking germany to be honest as spent 9-10months just driving there and now driving back in the uk seams crazy compared to what you can get away with over there .

Yea cos you never have anything to worry about if the BAG flag you into a lay-by :wink:

Harry Monk:

psv8:

Yea cos you never have anything to worry about if the BAG flag you into a lay-by :wink:

That’s a fair point Harry. :smiley:

IMHO, if psv8 were regularly trucking about in Germany he’d soon realise that the German BAG make our VOSA look quite tame.
Then there’s the German police, who I’d say from experience ( :blush: ) are quite a bit more ‘truck-savvy’ than our police. :wink:

I’m fairly sure that brit pete can confirm that the BAG and German police are pretty sharp. :grimacing:
(Along with any other driver who has had the pleasure of being pulled for a stop-check in Germany.)

just blag them :laughing: tell them your cheif just calls you and tells you where to go .

they can only fine you what you actualy have on you and half the time it’s just a bribe anyway , went through a stage of been pulled once or twice a day by them stood at side of truck having picture taken and the rest of it , even inpounded unit at one point due to a blow out on the midlift axle which was up untill i could get it to a garage , 1000euro fine from the bag and got followed to closist tyre garage and they watched me get it changed .

got a 30euro fine for driving down hard shoulder for 3miles in traffic , the 30euro fine was actualy for having my orange light flashing nothing to do with using hard shoulder :open_mouth:

one of the lads i no over there fell out the truck when pulled in to fuel up he was that â– â– â– â– â– â–  and the gathers asked him to pick the beer bottle up bloody speachles .

psv8:
one of the lads i no over there fell out the truck when pulled in to fuel up he was that â– â– â– â– â– â–  and the gathers asked him to pick the beer bottle up bloody speachles .

Yes, they do tend to enforce that type of thing in Germany.

Harry Monk:

psv8:

Yes, they do tend to enforce that type of thing in Germany.

it was more to the point he had only left the night club 2hrs earlyer and having empty beer bottles falling out the truck cant look good :unamused: still â– â– â– â– â– â–  he fell out of the truck missing the step completly nothing got said

psv8:
just blag them :laughing: tell them your chief just calls you and tells you where to go .

they can only fine you what you actually have on you and half the time it’s just a bribe anyway , went through a stage of been pulled once or twice a day by them stood at side of truck having picture taken and the rest of it , even impounded unit at one point due to a blow out on the mid lift axle which was up until i could get it to a garage , 1000euro fine from the bag and got followed to closest tyre garage and they watched me get it changed .

got a 30euro fine for driving down hard shoulder for 3miles in traffic , the 30euro fine was actually for having my orange light flashing nothing to do with using hard shoulder :open_mouth:

one of the lads i no over there fell out the truck when pulled in to fuel up he was that â– â– â– â– â– â–  and the gathers asked him to pick the beer bottle up bloody speechless .

…

Try that on a team from one of the German police inspection groups
they will love you, the days of bribes in western Europe are as good
rare, because the majority are now taking PLASTIC , unless you are
one of those still running with a float (mostly those who are running
outside of western Europe); THE police teams are well trained and
also speak a few languages, English is one of them,
if you was driving down the emergency strip you got off bloody cheap
as it is a higher fine and points can be given for this as well;i CAN ONLY SAY
that is not believable that the police did not nick you friend if what you posted happened,unless they gave him a breath test and he passedâ– â– ?

I can not find fault with the VOSA or any of those who carry out the function of
ensuring that the law is respected and adhered to, even if i am one of those who was to be checked and found at fault , these rules were brought in to ensure that we can do the job safely ,

defanitly not on the plastic pound notes :laughing: to be honest everytime i have been pulled its been a laughing matter as to how laid back they have been , not sure if this is because on english plates or not .

as for mate shall we just say he travels and is tarmacing the autoban and they have some left over if you would like to purchase it :laughing: not even got licence’s or any real docs just few letters that they wrote vosa on and all on your way , carry quite a big float with them though :astonished:

to be honest was a real eye opener for me the stuff pepole get away with

psv8:
as for mate shall we just say he travels and is tarmacing the autoban and they have some left over if you would like to purchase it :laughing: not even got licence’s or any real docs just few letters that they wrote vosa on and all on your way , carry quite a big float with them though :astonished:

Quite simply, I do not believe German Autobahns are re-surfaced by â– â– â– â– â– â– .

Harry Monk:

psv8:

Quite simply, I do not believe German Autobahns are re-surfaced by â– â– â– â– â– â– .

i also doubt it very much but thats what they tell there customer’s and seams to work for them