The Activities of VOSA and the Traffic Commisioners

As I depart on another epic international voyage,I leave you this to ponder and trust you will all still be gainfully employed on my return.
As concern grows about the Drivers CPC,an incredible piece of EU legislation we will all be legally required to comply with.
I would like you all to consider another piece of EU legislation… the Directive…Enforcement with Equality.
This came out about 6 years ago and required all enforcement agencies to enforce with equal vigour,which I can assure you the French do.
VOSA and the TC’s do not enforce with equality as I am sure you are all aware.
I did raise this issue in another place and will admit it seemed that they stepped up their game,at least today they do park up my offending Euro buddies but continue to heavily fine and imprison UK offenders.
Hardly Enforcement with Equality.
Fortunately I today keep within the law but if I ever fell foul of these persons I would have them in Strasbourg so fast their feet would not touch the ground.
Think about it and your comments if thought out will always be welcome

I think you will find that the problem is with UK law and not VOSA who have their hands tied by it,
Uk law policy is the responsibility of the Government - the courts etc can only enforce what the government has allowed them to do.
At least, that is what I think you are trying to say in your post - about the reasons for the inequality - correct me if I am wrong :slight_smile:

In my experience the French police enforce laws that help them gain money, I have spent a couple of long weekends at St Omar payarge because I was caught “Driving after the ban” by 15 minuets as you know past St Omar there are no more junctions just a straight run to Calais, but they had to Enforce the law and while they did this they enforced some traffic regulations (Hours ,speeding) and did it with the same passion that VOSA would giving me a hefty fine,
Now these wernt massive offences but I admit they were offences, but could you barter with a VOSA officer and get the fine down? I told the Police man that my offences had been committed in Italy and the UK he said “The offences were committed within the EU” I then said if Im in the EU why dont I have the same freedom to travel as any other EU citizen" he replied “But you are now in France breaking French rules” I then manged to get my fine"reduced" to £1500 I saw them splitting there “Winnings” in there sty, it must be the fact that we are from GB that everyone in Government or law enforcement just sees you as a cash cow

I am not one who appreciates a Government or it’s servants acting selectively but they do.Merely ensuring others know the situation,who knows someone may just like to take them on.But this is not UK law it is EU law a slightly different kettle of fish as we will all find out with the CPC.

Ar·ma·ged·don (är’mə-gĕd’n) pronunciation
n.
1. The scene of a final battle between the forces of good and evil, prophesied to occur at the end of the world.
2. A decisive or catastrophic conflict.

Which one we aiming for lad?

No point whinging about it, nowt will ever get done, we don’t have the Cojones these days.

Either accept it or go move to one of those countries that aren’t as strict with the laws…

I hear Angola is ok if you’ve got a bit of cash.

Alex

Scarab,war,I didn’t ask you to join in,do not require the help of anyone,just you sit back sonny and enjoy the show.It may take a while and I am not exactly new to this game,RELAX

Armagedon:
do not require the help of anyone,just you sit back sonny and enjoy the show.

I’ve got all the time in the world bud!

Haven’t we all

One thing to bear in mind.
The EU passes a directive and the member states passes its interpretation of that directive as its native law.

But then thats the UK all over, ■■■■ up to the continentals while screwing your own nationals.

Example…
In Lincoln near the castle a Dutch car and caravan can be parked outside my ex’s parents house all day and nothing happen but woe betide any resident park there!!!

Big Dorris:
I then manged to get my fine"reduced" to £1500 I saw them splitting there “Winnings” in there sty, it must be the fact that we are from GB that everyone in Government or law enforcement just sees you as a cash cow

Strewth BD, you parted with £1500 and didn’t even get an official receipt? Bloody sure I wouldn’t. If it wasn’t a fine but a bung you should have dobbed the sods in, unless you paid in cash of course, which beggars belief.
The only bribes I have paid in France are at borders in the old permit days. Gendarmes, police, douaniers on the road have always been straight - either letting me off with a warning or doing it ‘official’.

:imp: My thoughts are well known to many who know me, the EU comes out with some garbage and some goods laws, we`re part of the EU and that will never change :frowning:

:imp: The Root of the problem is our own excuse for a government who are as always SPINELESS when it comes to dealing with said EU :exclamation:

I agree with ROG, VOSA have got their hands tied. Transport Enforcement is just a tiny area where we should be stronger with our visitors from overseas. Laws have been in place to sort immigration out for years… " All immigrants should seek asylum in the first EU country that they enter and they can be sent back to that country if they try to gain entry elsewhere," Us being an island then should mean that we never get anyone coming across from the channel and if we do they go back…when did that last happen…like I said SPINELESS. :smiling_imp:

I would like you all to consider another piece of EU legislation… the Directive…Enforcement with Equality.
This came out about 6 years ago and required all enforcement agencies to enforce with equal vigour,which I can assure you the French do.
VOSA and the TC’s do not enforce with equality as I am sure you are all aware.

An interesting post :stuck_out_tongue:

So when you drive towards a peage in France and see the Douane or Gendarme with the binoculars and he spots a foreign truck plate, you know that whichever lane you choose to move over to he will be waiting. However when he pulls you over and asks for the CMR and sees it is loaded from France you are swiftly waved on your way with a cheery Au’Revoir.

That seems to me like Enforcement with Equality :stuck_out_tongue: