Double Manning - Feet on Dash

ETS:
If it’s temporary, I’d endure it especially if you have a feeling he ‘‘won’t like it’’ if you asked him not to

If it’s long term I’d try to talk to him about it in a firm, yet non-offensive way but maybe not right away, in a week or 2

I’ve decided that there is no way anybody should endure compromised vision. Lorries have enough blind spots already.

Driver101:
Thanks for all the input.

So I said something, we argued, he put his feet down in the end.

This whole situation has prompted me to do a bit of research into mirrors and observation. I was thinking of getting one of those mirrors/blind spot diagrams and marking up where the extra blind spots would be with his feet up there on the dash so I could show it to him and maybe we could put one up in the office next to the one they have there! lol

Anyway now I can see how ridiculous it is to be driving on the motorway without being able to see in the wide angle mirror. I think this whole saga has helped me appreciate my peripheral vision more so as well.

So there was actually something to be learned there.

Anyway I’ve woken up now and actually I feel like I was an idiot to even drive one mile like that, let alone considering putting up with it.

I’ve decided that if he keeps arguing I’ll talk to the agency and maybe even walk away from this assignment.

I’m sure the agency could find me something else if needs be.

Good shout.

But don`t call yourself an idiot.

Had a similar situation one day driving a recycling lorry, told the guy (didn’t ask) if he blocks my mirror again he’s walking home.

Got a phone call from office begging me to go back & pick him up.
They had to send the van out to collect him as i refused on safety grounds.
Nothing was said when i returned.
Got a new loader after that :laughing:

Franglais:

Driver101:
Thanks for all the input.

So I said something, we argued, he put his feet down in the end.

This whole situation has prompted me to do a bit of research into mirrors and observation. I was thinking of getting one of those mirrors/blind spot diagrams and marking up where the extra blind spots would be with his feet up there on the dash so I could show it to him and maybe we could put one up in the office next to the one they have there! lol

Anyway now I can see how ridiculous it is to be driving on the motorway without being able to see in the wide angle mirror. I think this whole saga has helped me appreciate my peripheral vision more so as well.

So there was actually something to be learned there.

Anyway I’ve woken up now and actually I feel like I was an idiot to even drive one mile like that, let alone considering putting up with it.

I’ve decided that if he keeps arguing I’ll talk to the agency and maybe even walk away from this assignment.

I’m sure the agency could find me something else if needs be.

Good shout.

But don`t call yourself an idiot.

I couldn’t agree more.

That’s what we’re here for :wink:

drover:
Had a similar situation one day driving a recycling lorry, told the guy (didn’t ask) if he blocks my mirror again he’s walking home.

Got a phone call from office begging me to go back & pick him up.
They had to send the van out to collect him as i refused on safety grounds.
Nothing was said when i returned.
Got a new loader after that :laughing:

Good one, lol :laughing:

Why wouldn’t the other guy be in the bunk if he’s trying to sleep?

stu675:
Why wouldn’t the other guy be in the bunk if he’s trying to sleep?

I have been thinking this. Years ago when I did a brief double man stint we used to jump on the bed and pull the curtain across.
(im now awaiting the Health and Safety nazis to point out how ridiculous this is in the event of a crash)

msgyorkie:
. Years ago when I did a brief double man stint WE used to jump on the bed and pull the curtain across.

Whatever floats your boat mate,.we ain’t here to judge you. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

msgyorkie:
:sunglasses:
. Years ago when I did a brief double man stint WE used to jump on the bed and pull the curtain across.

Whatever floats your boat mate,.we ain’t here to judge you. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t knock it until you try it :sunglasses:

msgyorkie:

robroy:

msgyorkie:
:sunglasses:

Don’t knock it until you try it :sunglasses:

I’ll just take your word for it, but thanks anyway. :laughing: :laughing:

You ask him nicely to take his feet down . If he does its sorted . If not you dab the brakes every time he falls asleep until he gets the message .

beefy4605:
You ask him nicely to take his feet down . If he does its sorted . If not you dab the brakes every time he falls asleep until he gets the message .

Kneecaps through eyesockets that will learn him :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

I’ve not read thread , so it may of already been broached , but why’s he not in the Bunk ?