Double manning etiquette?

Next week I am out for a couple of nights with a “drivers mate”, someone I have never met!
What is the etiquette for good behaviour when sharing a sleeper cab?
Not sure about doing this job, but needs must.
I am assuming that the “mate” will be a “he”, but you never know…

Any reasonable advice■■?

mkb600:
Next week I am out for a couple of nights with a “drivers mate”, someone I have never met!
What is the etiquette for good behaviour when sharing a sleeper cab?
Not sure about doing this job, but needs must.
I am assuming that the “mate” will be a “he”, but you never know…

Any reasonable advice■■?

Wash your feet :stuck_out_tongue:

And if you have to ■■■■, make a joke of it or blame them if it is silent.

Decide early on who’s going to be on top!

Try to avoid curry in the cafe!

And if anything like my share once take some earplugs, snored like a pig and he had skiddies, when he went I spent most of one Sunday cleaning the cab with dettol!! Some dirty buggers about! :wink:

Bring I pod first mention of hereford the balcony or regiment AC DC full last and ear phones in.

1. Do not climb off the top bunk wearing loose legged undergarments while the other person is on the bottom bunk.

2. Post all tales of BS on here.

3. Make sure you’re not the one spouting the bull.

Thankyou.

kr79:
Bring I pod first mention of hereford the balcony or regiment AC DC full last and ear phones in.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

1. Do not climb off the top bunk wearing loose legged undergarments while the other person is on the bottom bunk.

We WERE having hot dogs and meatballs for dinner until I read that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When i did alot of double manning on removals the porter slept in t he back.

double manning can be heaven or hell. had both in my time but if your both considerate really good times can be had, far better than eating alone in a crowded room.someone to brew up on the move, and watch your back, and the ladies of the night dont knock when theres two of you.

hotel magnum:
double manning can be heaven or hell. had both in my time but if your both considerate really good times can be had, far better than eating alone in a crowded room.someone to brew up on the move, and watch your back, and the ladies of the night dont knock when theres two of you.

depending on the driver and his mate, that might be one of the down sides :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hotel magnum:

They do.

Thankyou.

Make sure, the guy you double up with. Ain’t the companies brown nose, arse licker, tell tale.
Then…You won’t spend 2 days talking about the company (Mostly the bad bits!) And having the boss quote you word for word when you next see him. :unamused: