Dont ignore signs

SATNAVS!!
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7257555.stm

Great pics, what a plonker!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: PMSL

Next time be careful !!! :grimacing:

what a jack ■■■

Poor sod! :blush:

Wonder how long he’ll be employed by Maxi?

I have to admit that in the distant past, as a rookie driver, I followed someones directions down a country lane near Fareham, Hants and ended up getting stuck at a narrow bridge in a village. I’d ignored the sign thinking my delivery would be before the bridge…it wasn’t. The village was cut off for about 2 hours, plod turned up on a motorbike (the only vehicle that could get down there!), I tried to back out but ended up ■■■■■■■■ a load of cars with the trailer. It was a really tall trailer too and most of the phone wires were ripped down by it. The only way out was to evacuate the local pub car-park of cars and remove the fencing around it so I could back into it to turn round. I was NOT a popular bloke and many people could be heard to mutter things along the lines of “silly trucker”.

Funnily enough, when I got back to the yard in Leeds, the boss had fallen out with me too!

C’mon you lot…time to 'fess up your worst bloopers!

What Kindle said :laughing: :laughing:

Shrek:
C’mon you lot…time to 'fess up your worst bloopers!

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17970

There’s one of mine, thats with a map and no sat nav!

a quick walk down past where it got narrow would have saved him getting stuck,

if not sure,dont go?

so far in the last 6 wks ,mine as tried its hardest to send me down country lanes.

last one was farnham lane ,bishop stortford,ok the place was down there,it did have me thinking ,in the dark,any further than the next corner and its a long walk till i find it.

if these lanes are unsuitable,why not pinch points so a truck wont fit down it?.

Most of my drops are right out in the sticks so i encounter all types of backlanes and just have to do my best. Diff-lock is a usefull thing in some of these places esp when you meet other lorries and get bogged in ditches. It not so bad when you know where your going but im fairly new to it so still getting used. The trouble starts when you find roads that are closed and try to work out different routes, like on tuesday when i realised the diversion i took wouldnt do and had to reverse 1/4 mile down a backroad in thick fog. Thank-god there was little traffic.

what a load of ■■■■■■■■, we often have to go down roads with UNSUITABLE FOR HGVS, it even states on some of the office maps, ignore not suitable for h.g.v sign .
the fact is if you didnt go down these roads you wouldnt get to the farms .
one is off the a163 , we go down, sainsburys go down, and im 99% sure ive seen n.f.t trucks there as well.
the old bats only moaning because she had to do a couple of miles detour . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
some of the back street places we go the odds are eventually your going to come unstuck , unless your mr perfect

ady

The lorry, carrying timber from north Wales to Birmingham, blocked the track at Halton, in Wrexham county.

not the best route from north wales to brum though is it mate lets be honest :open_mouth:

jon

ive been around plenty of roads which had signs sayin no hgv on them when i wa on livestock especialy round this area we used to get told to ignore them and go straight by lost count of the time ive had tractors towin me in and out of places

hell i still do it now on the continent were you have weight limits

one day you will end up the same it’ll be a diffrent story then i bet

after driving a 3.7 meter rigid for a long time then 13 months later being sent out in an artic with a 3.3 metre trailer, ive come up against a low bridge without prior engagement of brain

it could happen to anyone

plus its amazing how little room you really need to spin a 45 ft trailer

Just been told that before this driver left Kronospan in Chirk he had been laughing and passing comment
on the standard of the polish driver who had just ripped 3 super singles on the weigh bridge :blush: :blush: :blush: bet he`s not laughing now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:
what a load of ■■■■■■■■, we often have to go down roads with UNSUITABLE FOR HGVS, it even states on some of the office maps, ignore not suitable for h.g.v sign .
one is off the a163 , we go down, sainsburys go down, and im 99% sure ive seen n.f.t trucks there as well.
the old bats only moaning because she had to do a couple of miles detour . :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
some of the back street places we go the odds are eventually your going to come unstuck , unless your mr perfect

Are you on the cider again? :unamused:

Anyone with a working pair of eyes can see from the pictures that that is not somewhere you’d take a truck down unless you were actually delivering to the place at the end of it. I mean, did he really think he was still on the right “road” for Birmingham (probs 80 miles away) as he headed down that track? FFS man. :unamused:

Another perfect example of brainless drivers. He should have his driving licence removed for life - not because of his driving, but because of his stupidity. :unamused:

Rob K:

ady1:

Are you on the cider again? :unamused:

Anyone with a working pair of eyes can see from the pictures that that is not somewhere you’d take a truck down unless you were actually delivering to the place at the end of it. I mean, did he really think he was still on the right “road” for Birmingham (probs 80 miles away) as he headed down that track? FFS man. :unamused:

Another perfect example of brainless drivers. He should have his driving licence removed for life - not because of his driving, but because of his stupidity. :unamused:

your the last one to be going on about route planning , you couldnt find your way roumd a zb dock yard for f.f.s :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s not hard to see your not going to fit down these roads, only time you need to ignore the signs is if your delivery needs you to i.e farms buildings site’s, don’t think you’d find many timber merchants down there.
My sat-nav always trys to send me under low bridges down weight limits and through fields i just ignore it and if i can’t find it ring site and ask, sooner swallow a bit off pride than get stuck.