Don't all rush.

Look at the wages :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Is it me?.

GBA Services

ADR HGV1 Driver

Job description

JOB TITLE HGV1 ADR Drivers
LOCATION Preston/Royston/Midlands/Ashford/Scunthorpe
SALARY £110 per day (Including Overnight & Bonus) :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are you a professional driver seeking a challenging role at a dynamic, committed and dedicated company? We are currently recruiting for HGV1 Drivers to join our existing professional team. This is an exciting opportunity at GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers.

Your job

In this role, you will be responsible for collecting and delivering dedicated loads into Europe, to include high security, time critical, refrigerated, hazardous and exhibition work. You will be responsible for all paperwork for each job and maintaining all aspects of your vehicles care, including fuelling and cleaning. You may be out on the road for up for two weeks at a time. You will ensure a secure, reliable and efficient service, maintaining accurate communication and excellent customer service at all times.

Job Requirements:
Essential
· Class 1 driving license held for minimum of 2 years (maximum 6 penalty points)
· ADR License
· Previous experience of driving HGV class 1 in Europe (ideally time critical)
· No DD or DR driving offences
· Valid Digital Tachograph Card
· Compliance with tachograph legislation
· Adhere to company policy and procedures relating to Health & Safety and security.
· Excellent communication & customer service skills
· Flexible to the demands of the job
· Must be open to double manning

Desirable
· Experience with refrigerated loads
· Forklift truck license
· European language

Benefits

· Long term career with a stable market leader
· Bonus scheme
· Company Pension
· Competitive Holiday Allowance
· Full support in Training & Development to include CPC training

Company profile

GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and a European subsidiary based in Poland which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements. GBA’s mission is clear “to continually develop as a market leader in international express logistics”.
Or, tell us why you don’t wish to apply for this job.

Your feedback for this job:
Submit
GOV.UK Standards of Behaviour Cookies Privacy Have a Question? © Crown Copyright Safer Jobs
View Mobile Site

© 2013 Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – All Rights Reserved - V: 2016.911.0.34

Must be open to double manning…

Ending up with a complete stranger who can’t drive, doesn’t wash, ■■■■■ constantly, eats like a pig, smokes, wears the same socks/skiddies for days on end and disagrees with everything you say. Shackled together for two weeks in a space smaller than a prison cell and with less facilities.

Paid naff all to do it.

Oooo…where do I sign?

They called me the other day and said the ADR role was single manned, you take home about £2000 a month and you are away for 2-3 weeks at a time.

It’s got the magic words delivering into Europe drivers will be queing up for it no matter what the money

Blunder Man:
Are you a professional driver seeking a challenging role at a dynamic, committed and dedicated company?

Translation:

Are you a desperate steering wheel attendant who has exhausted all other avenues, and now realise you have to accept work with a very challenging, stressful, and frustrating nature, with a cowboy who will take any old contract simply to pay the lease on the lorries?

I was earning £110 per shift 12 years ago and was home every night.

yourhavingalarf:
Must be open to double manning…

Ending up with a complete stranger who can’t drive, doesn’t wash, ■■■■■ constantly, eats like a pig, smokes, wears the same socks/skiddies for days on end and disagrees with everything you say. Shackled together for two weeks in a space smaller than a prison cell and with less facilities.

Bloody Hell I don’t remember sharing a cab with you, you’ve got me down to a tee. :laughing:

What exactly is the European language? I’m familiar with the individual ones, but didn’t know there was an overall one?

As for the rate, I think that sums up why we don’t do as much euro work as we once did…

£110 a day possable double manned 20 hour day europe oh i dont think so…!!!
being a “proffessional” and all
been there done that had the debillitating stress

GBA are notoriously bad payers but when the night out money is taken off that’s £90 per day at the most.

Even if the pay was better, the fact that GBA regard night out money as part of the ‘salary’ suggests that they deserve a very wide berth.

Olog Hai:
GBA are notoriously bad payers but when the night out money is taken off that’s £90 per day at the most.

Even if the pay was better, the fact that GBA regard night out money as part of the ‘salary’ suggests that they deserve a very wide berth.

They didn’t mention that when you are parked up on a reduced weekly rest (24) or waiting for a reload they only pay you night out, no daily rate, And that they will take upto £500.00 out of your wages should you have an accident because you are tired and been on the road for nearly 20hrs with only 9hrs off in between shifts when D manned, because they expect drivers to pay their insurance excess, many drivers claim to have been stitched up by them over this too,
And the flexible could mean that you may have to drive a 3.5t sprinter van, or 7.5t or 18t lorry some of the time, the bonus if still the same was given if you didn’t loose any paperwork ect, and worked 21 days in each month, and they only would pay you for 21 days in any month the other days were in lieu in the next month , and you had to work a month in advance

To be fair the wage isn’t bad for the geographic base area.There’s jobs in the South East paying worse than that.Also obviously no big commuting expenses.But double manning around Europe would be a deal breaker at any wage.

Let alone all the usual experience essential stuff thereby counting out new drivers in a so called ‘driver shortage’ environment.

tommy t:

Olog Hai:

They didn’t mention that when you are parked up on a reduced weekly rest (24) or waiting for a reload they only pay you night out, no daily rate, And that they will take upto £500.00 out of your wages should you have an accident because you are tired and been on the road for nearly 20hrs with only 9hrs off in between shifts when D manned, because they expect drivers to pay their insurance excess, many drivers claim to have been stitched up by them over this too,
And the flexible could mean that you may have to drive a 3.5t sprinter van, or 7.5t or 18t lorry some of the time, the bonus if still the same was given if you didn’t loose any paperwork ect, and worked 21 days in each month, and they only would pay you for 21 days in any month the other days were in lieu in the next month , and you had to work a month in advance

I thought it looked pretty bad at first glance, but the more I read the worse it gets. Truly awful.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

why on earth would anyone want to work for them? :astonished: not for a flash motor surely :unamused:

Obviously this driver shortage is really beginning to bite. :stuck_out_tongue:

WTF is a “dedicated load”?

axletramp:

You missed out the last two words Axle.

" Dedicated load OF CRAP ".

carryfast-yeti:
why on earth would anyone want to work for them? :astonished: not for a flash motor surely :unamused:

Well if you think a daf 106 with a fridge is a flash motor knock yer self out, :smiley: :smiley: they don’t fit extra lights/light bars and other bling,

Well…at least if they dump you in PL for a week or two and being as the Polish zloty is worth the best part of f*ck all it’ll be cheap living… :stuck_out_tongue:

westermant:
They called me the other day and said the ADR role was single manned, you take home about £2000 a month and you are away for 2-3 weeks at a time.

…Do you think they were perhaps being “economical” with the truth?, I was getting a £100 per night cash in hand before I packed it in.

eagerbeaver:

axletramp:

You missed out the last two words Axle.

" Dedicated load OF CRAP ".

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: