DONS DONKEYS

HIYA

Working for Bowler intnl when i left school , i used to remember on a Friday
in came the black (DFC) 112ms -bang ,crash , away with our tilts down to Italy.

Drivers like

the smurf /jimmy the pump etc
i believe Jimmy now has a pub in grays?? anyone know the name.

Also would love any pictures of DFC SQUADRON
:smiley:

chalkey:
HIYA

Working for Bowler intnl when i left school , i used to remember on a Friday
in came the black (DFC) 112ms -bang ,crash , away with our tilts down to Italy.

Drivers like

the smurf /jimmy the pump etc
i believe Jimmy now has a pub in grays?? anyone know the name.

Also would love any pictures of DFC SQUADRON
:smiley:

its not pumpy who has the pub,its turbo,knight of aveley,south ockenden,
baccy bill, jocky2, dobbo, biffo, bob cairns, remember anyone?

thanks
wasnt jocky 2 - the pumps scotxh dad.
laer on he bought a 141 from mckellers and pulled for us.
at this time i was with savino del bene - bowlers italian agent.

we used to get dfc to do our lead job northfleet to milan for £850.
bet the LT’S/ BG/HU do it now for £650

chalkey:
thanks
wasnt jocky 2 - the pumps scotxh dad.
laer on he bought a 141 from mckellers and pulled for us.
at this time i was with savino del bene - bowlers italian agent.

we used to get dfc to do our lead job northfleet to milan for £850.
bet the LT’S/ BG/HU do it now for £650

you are right, jocky2 is pumpys dad , jocky1 is his uncle. i have done that lead job myself, i have a photo somewhere of a trailer on a 45 degree angle when the load moved to one side, ill dig it out sometime.

well the smurf never worked for dfc and the guy with the pub is Jimmy (Turbo)
Thurbon he runs the pub in south ockenden where we have the xmas reunions
jockey 2 is still working but sadly jockie1(Billie) died a few years ago here is a list of old dfc drivers
Bobby Cairns
Vic Dillon
jimmy (the pump) Johnston
Billy Johnston (Jockey) 1
Jimmy Johnston ( Jockey 2)
Dickie Clements
Lenny Bunn
Jimmy Smith (Biffo)
Bill Connoly (Baccy Bill)
Peter The ■■■■
Soapy
Jimmy Thorburn (Turbo)
Colin Shaw
Dave Ridge
Harry Burness (Ginger Harry)
George Barclay (killed in spain 1989)
Jimmy Dobberson (Dobbo)
Dickie Clements
John Birchall (woodentop)
Black Andy
Kenny Stevens (dolikeit)
Robbie Breen
Russel Holmes
Gerry Bryant ( WASP)
Ray Ratcliffe (Ray The Rat) Deceased
Johnny Dawkins
there is loads more but cant remember apoligies to anybody left out and you would not want to meet that lot in a dark alley LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

George Barclay killed in Spain two weeks after this photo was taken (1989)

hey bob how come you joined after me and you are now a senior member
you paying the web site fees hahahahahaha
roll on December the 1st

oh and kenny stevens (doolikeit) sorry mate
oh as well dont know what period you are talkiing about but we never left bowlers yard until late on a tuesday night was a nightmare run to basildon
pick up yer trailor thats if you had brakes and lights haha down to dover up the stairs on the ferry (kip on boat) arrive Calais next stop Rosoy fer breakfast
(some time between 6am and midday) then non stop to Aosta quick meal
then tramp up to Vicenza customs to join the madness to get into the compound
grab some sleep when you could tip afternoon reload and back home fer Sat night Sun morning all fer £260-00 ok plus fiddles but phew im knackerd just
writing about it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is this Don Collinson we are talking about? He used to sub for the London office of the firm I worked for at start of the 90s, and along with S.Portors seemed to have an exclusive DKV type card arrangement - let’s say “slightly dubious” visa cards, with various names on them :unamused:

i wish people would get things right before they post messages Don
never had dkv cards or in fact we never had cards of any description we were always given enough money to last the trip and if you needed money abroad
he would always get you a drawer when you loaded yes some drivers carried
dodgy cards but Don NEVER issued them. what company was you working for then? we might know you.

i worked for interserve out of the north, as you say his drivers did carry them and I distinctly remember some saying their boss gave them out instead of running money - maybe just covering their own tracks, obviously I don’t know

dickie

dickie used to drive for essex machinery - my father worked alongside him when he was at cowards - my dad at eastern’s

along with barry clever , charlie norton , teddy kirby.

gary stevens i remember his erf’s not bad really , then he was into his swiss dafs eh??
loadsa lights.

someone out there must have dfc photos ican copy,buy of the black ones.

i have some ealry collisons burgundy like colour with whitewriting f88+110’s
:wink:

Got round to joining the site at long last,looking at the list of names who worked for don brought back lots of good memories.I was working for Patricks and whenever one of his motors come to vicenza customs you allways knew you were in for a good laugh.I was in shaky’s one morning and in walked jocky 2,his wife had dyed his hair jet black.Ididnt say anything about it but met baccy bill later at montebello resturant.I said to bill that there was somthing different about jocky and i couldnt put my finger on it.10 min later jocky walked in,bills face was a picture,ide love to put down what he said to jocky but that would be me slung off the site .

MR BIG: what did you drive on Patricks. We may know each other. I was always over the yard Sat mornings takin photos. I built some models for Philip H too. ASH.

Hi ash its pete bryan here i remember the brilliant models of patricks trucks you made.i drove many motors on there but the speciel one was the first 500 centurion they brought.It was a ■■■■■■ back off an o\d from beverley who spent a fortune on it but had to let it go after 6 months.

Pete Bryan…bloody hell :astonished:
how you doing mate? Very long time no contact!
Small world ay, living close but only meeting again on the World Wide Web.

I cant really post any Patrick photos on here, cause its about something else, but ive sent you a personal message.

see you “on the other side” :unamused: :wink: ASH.

hey pete i was in monte bello that night we had been ribbing jockey about
his hair all the way from the yard in rainham to vicenza customs and he was
seething he tried to wash it out at the wooden shack in Aosta but to no avail
the only problem with him and his brother billy was you had to know when to stop coz they were both former paratroopers and boy when they lost it
“RUN” :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Pete whatever happened to cloggie is he still about? :question:

Hello bob,cloggy had a few mental health problems about 5 years ago and swansea took the hgv licence away but let him keep his car one.I speak to him every week and at the moment he,s doing voluntary work driving elderly folk to hospital appointments.I look forward to seeing you all at the reunion.

thats good to hear i liked him well every body did dont forgrt you are ok to bring yer camper down jimmy said it was ok how many can we get in it :laughing: :laughing:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
thats good to hear i liked him well every body did dont forgrt you are ok to bring yer camper down jimmy said it was ok how many can we get in it :laughing: :laughing:

if you want to swing by colchester you can pick up me and the mayor,oh yeah,we want to go home again after,so you cant have a drink,but me and john would be ever so grateful. :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: