British International.And Euro PSL ltd.Freight transfer ltd

retiredladytrucker:
Here are a few pics from our days working for Dave Luff (Portsmouth).Anybody know what he is up to nowadays? and the whereabouts of this F12 - L23 WOR (believed to be ex Davies, Southampton).

Hi. I think I can remember you working for Dave Luff. I was working for him when Shaun was there, he was going out with another drivers sister and they lived in Gosport. What ever happened to them. I heard down the grapevine Dave Luff got a good hiding from his wifes family over money. I got all my wages from the government when he went bust. I don’t life in the area now Im down in Kent enjoying retirement with the motorhome travelling al over Europe. It would be nice to hear from Shaun again. Take Care Dennis

Big Ben:

Now that is a fine looking set up! :smiley: I could jump in that now and disappear for a few weeks. :wink:

Anyone recall Bob Garnett from British International,then he moved to Euro PSL,then set up Garnett Eurotrans,on Portugal round trips.And anyone recall Paul Fogden,owner of Freight Transfer,JCBs down to Portugal for Motivo LDA.And Tim Williams or TC,had yellow roofed,white,daf 310,then Scania 142 for Tim Allen and Poisoned dwarf(Peter Taplin),working for British International in Sholing and Porto office,in Matosinhos,manager there was Manuella,a bit of a witch.Tim knew Stuart Smith,alias the animal,killed is Spain,hit a broken down coach.Knew Dave Adams,had a black Foden stolen.Knew Peter Stainbridge,alias Jelly legs.

hiya mate my dad knew animal very well. He had his own motor years back and use to be in Matosinhos every week and before that he did JCB’s for a dutch fella Paul Goldstien who did that run.

I dont get to speak to him that much as he lives in ireland and is at work everyday and I will run them names past him when I phone next weekend.

kierran

Hi Peter Mill,

Bob Garnett is still around he has an office on Barton Park in Eastleigh, haven’t seen Paul Fogden (Foggy) for a few years he was living in Chichester area I think.

Regards MaggieD

sort of connected - took a RIB “cruise” down the Thames a few weeks ago with some friends, right on the side of the river (limehouse way IIRC) there is an old garland-laidley tilt trailer quietly rotting in a yard :smiley:

Paul fogden was running to morrocco on the garment work with a black magnum think he is still in chichester area.

MaggieD:
Hi Peter Mill,

Bob Garnett is still around he has an office on Barton Park in Eastleigh, haven’t seen Paul Fogden (Foggy) for a few years he was living in Chichester area I think.

Regards MaggieD

Hi MaggieD
Here is a picture of Bob Garnett.

Peter Mill did you work for BI name does not ring a bell

Hi KNS64,

Thanks for the pic, that’s Bob , he rented an office from me in the yard,caught fire one night !, I think his Gin bottle caught alight ! nice bloke.
His dad was a Customs officer in Southampton.
Cheers Richard

Here are a few pics from our days working for Dave Luff (Portsmouth).Anybody know what he is up to nowadays? and the whereabouts of this F12 - L23 WOR (believed to be ex Davies, Southampton).

I was owner driver for British International,PSL,Garnnet Eurotrans and Freight Transfer.Known as TC,yellow roofed Daf 310(White cab),then a green/white Scania1 142,then an ex Peter Gilder.maroon 142,Esteppe roof.

Hi Tim, I have a picture somewhere of Alex when he was with BI. Will get it and post it on here for you. Know Foggy went out of business and he started under another name. Think it was something like his initials. Liz

Hello Liz.
Look forward to seeing those pictures.
Tim.

retiredladytrucker:

dave luff e;g protrak

big swearword in my book. i started with dave when he had only the red f10 reg number escapes me at mo then he bought me n44 ton the iveco eurowreck for 44 ton railhead work for gbe. running day and night to make money for him.
he then sacked me because some scrote at gbe in willesdon told him i refused a load because i would have weighed out at 50 ton and the ministry at the time where at the gate at willesdon. i took him to task and dumped the motor in hambledon. took him 2 weeks to find it after he paid me what he owed me. it took him 2 weeks to get my wages. that tells you something. he leaves a very bad taste in my mouth indeed.

the man is as false as they come. no money, any he had was his wifes. he would sell his grannys teeth to get “flash money in his pocket” good riddance to bad muck i say.

Heard it was a bad smash with a broken down coach.Bus driver and mechanic killed too,took police days to notice a corpse in the coach,when it got back to a compound.Not sure if true,but media tried to blame Stuart,as in he may have been drinking.He would never drink and drive,police used him as scapegoat to cover fact they may have not made the scene safe,with the broken down bus,as in no warnings to on coming traffic.He came to help me re build a tilt trailer in the hot sun,in Matosinhos.Was a real gent.Did he used to bring cheap gold back,and flog it the Uk.Driver told me,it was stolen from secret hiding places in his cab,after the accident.