British International.Portugal trips,early 90`s

Office in Sholing,Southamton.Porto office in Matosinhos,Porto.Boss there Manuella and Isobella and Ana Ferreira.John Povey,Peter Stainbridge(Jelly legs),Stuart Smith(Animal)Now deceased.Tim (TC)Williams(ME).Owner driver for BI,then for Bob Garnett,Freight Transfer,and Euro PSL,Portsmouth.Boss in UK was Tim Allen and Peter Taplin(Poisoned dwarf).Anyone recall anything.Tim Williams

I think you may find something in “Long departed southampton Hauliers” Thread. Also a mention of Pete Stansbridge (RIP).

didnt they do a lot of psl work?mostly clothes ithink they used to come into longs in bradford quite often :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The post says early 90’s but they were going long before that. Yes they did do hanging garments and they were done mainly in Tibbet & Britten trailers although they did have some of their own. This was only a small part of their customer base as I suppose a lot of their work was varied such as groupage,chemicals etc. The hanging garments were mainly from Portugal to England but they also did them from England to Gibraltar. I think that was through British Home Stores who had an agent in Main Street ( The Emporium). They worked in partneship with a portuguese company called Garland Laidley. This company was an import export co. with depots in both Lisbon and Oporto. These depots had facilities for dropped trailers so that on arrival in Portugal they could tip their load and run into a depot and change trailers for a quick turnaround.