Doing class one training in 3 weeks

start on the 9th may fri then doing mon tue wed with test thursday.(half days)
costing me £375. cus im doing a nvq2 and the goverment funding or whatever it is pays the rest… not the company i work for!!! they pay for bugger all.
is it right the gear box exercise isnt now done?

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome eccleshall driver :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info on the CE (Artic) which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

eccleshall driver:
is it right the gear box exercise isnt now done?

CORRECT - scrapped on 1st Jan this year :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
PS have you used a range change or slapover gearbox :question: :question:

slapover?
u mean when leaving 4th to go up you take it outta gear and knock the gear stick over by moving it towards me then selcting 5th? and reverse thsi when moving down the box?
used the 4/4, gears, but in our wagons u have to click the switch up for 5th-8th.

eccleshall driver:
slapover?
u mean when leaving 4th to go up you take it outta gear and knock the box over by moving it towards me then selcting 5th?
used the 4/4, gears, but in our wagons u have to click the switch up for 5th-8th.

Yeah - you’re ok - you know both but you are more likely to get 4 over 4.

There is nothing wrong with touching the gear lever whilst driving to check what gear you are in.This helps you to decide what gear you are going to choose next just as long as you dont keep yuor hand on the gear lever or take yuor eyes off the road REMEMBER If changing from high to low range make sure that you get your speed down low enough first .This works the same way with a knock over . REMEMBER when you stop put the button back down this helps to select yuor moving off gear GOOD LUCK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m surmising that you’re doing your course UK mainland, but if doing it Northern Ireland then the gear change exercise is still included on the test.