Started class one training today

Started my class one training today, spent the morning driving round the test routes and after lunch, did some reversing practice!!

It takes a bit of getting used to let me tell you :cry:

Doing more reversing tommorow, then uncoupling and coupling

Test on Friday!!

Yes it does take some getting used to but that is all part of the learning curve.
I hope you are enjoying it and good luck for test day.

its a steep learning curve but i am really enjoying it, im learning in a Renault premium with a 45ft trailer!!

it`ll get easier with practice mate - keep up the hard work :wink:

Started training a CE artic trainee today.
intro to lorry/truck/wagon with explanation of the pivot point and a full vehicle check took about 1 hour.
put trainee into driving seat and he did the 1 hour drive to the airfield - as he had never used a 4 over 4 gearbox before, it was a little fun :slight_smile: :unamused: with me calling out ‘switch, neutral, gear’ for the first 30 mins.
got to aifield about 1030 and by 1pm (including a few 10 min breaks) he was test ready on the reverse, un/couple and controlled stop :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
afternoon was a drive through Leamington with tight left & right turns, roundabouts, busy high street with people everywhere, speed bumps, motorway, multi exit roundabouts etc etc.
no kerbs hit - couple were close though.

There - my usual first day with a 1 to 1 trainee.

Rather you than me Rog. Dont mis it at all. Been working for TDG today, Stoke Peterborough, Milton Keynes then back to Stoke, absolutely brilliant just me and me music. Dont miss the “switch neutral gear” malarkey either!

bugcos:
Rather you than me Rog. Dont mis it at all. Been working for TDG today, Stoke Peterborough, Milton Keynes then back to Stoke, absolutely brilliant just me and me music. Dont miss the “switch neutral gear” malarkey either!

I love it mate - think I was born for this :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck with the test on Friday

Pleased to here your are enjoying it