Doe's he know he looked like an idiot?

did anyone see the news with the trucks and cars parked up in scotland?
one hgv driver was moaning because he was cold, he had no night out gear, and he had been sat for 11 hours. and no one had done this, and no one told him that, etc, etc.
the snow had brought down some power lines. he wouldn’t have expected that, but we all know how much snow they’ve had in the highlands lately. so why didn’t he set off a little bit prepared?

ok, none of us can be prepared for every eventuality. not a professional driver.

i thought he made us look like muppets.

Hi phil its amazing how reporters always find the wrong one no shoes short sleeve shirt and locked out of his cab with the keys inside in minus 40 in 4 foot of snow and then say all lorry drivers are like this.

phil the book:
Hi phil its amazing how reporters always find the wrong one no shoes short sleeve shirt and locked out of his cab with the keys inside in minus 40 in 4 foot of snow and then say all lorry drivers are like this.

good point. but it still made me shout at the telly. :laughing:

Be carefull phil next comes the foot through the screen the kicking the dog.

yep…seen him on the telly. i laughed a bit when he started saying he had no food or night out gear.hope he was ok though. have been stuck without food meself once its not good.

come on guys give the guy a break eh!!!sure we have all been in the same boat some time in our driving careers :laughing:

diggertony:
yep…seen him on the telly. i laughed a bit when he started saying he had no food or night out gear.hope he was ok though. have been stuck without food meself once its not good.

i know one of our fellow mebers on here did so recently

stuck in manchester with no night oot gear

ehh stevie

I had a troubles on the road once and it turned up that I will be overnighting.

But I knew from about midday, not that I realised that I won’t reach Glasgow as I run out my driving time for example in Penrith :smiley:

So as I had this few hours, I pulled out of motorway in one town and went to ASDA, where I bought myself some extra change of underwear, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, towel and a cheap sleeping bag. It all costed me about 12 quids or something…

I can’s see the problem to be honest…

As has been said its difficult to plan for every eventuality especialy if you get the call without much notice.There was a 10 mile area around Auchterarder had 2 foot of snow dumped on it overnight.There was little wind so the snow settled on branches and power lines bringing the whole lot down.The driver was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No such thing as a milk run in winter.
you go prepared,
yup im a GIT but im an experienced git that never gets caught out by a uk winter.
now the driver that had no gear will think twice.