Does anyone have a spare

volvo 07 reg dashboard rocker switch going spare.

i want to wire my fridge into it so i can turn the fridge on and off at the dash.

i phoned volvo and they wanted an extorinate price :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Try somewhere like Maplins if you have one nearby. They may have something very similar for a fraction of the Volvo price.

Edit: Just had a quick look on Maplins site…rocker switches start at around 90p.

HTH

jessicas dad:
i phoned volvo and they wanted an extorinate price :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

C’mon, how much?

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

He’s a yorkshireman so… :laughing:

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

£40 :open_mouth:

I’m half Yorkshire half Londoner so I’m a yorkney. :grimacing:

jessicas dad:

Jesus H. Christ, I bet it doesn’t cost them a fiver to buy in.

Have you thought about a scrap dealer.

Not sure what the switchs are like but i know the wiper and indicator arms are the same as on my Volvo car, may be worth a look then try flebay!

Madguy :smiling_imp:

I tried eBay but nothing, that’s why I called crossroads at birstal but their price left me slightly shaken :open_mouth:

I can sort something out from screw fix but wanted it all hidden behind the dash.

Do you ever go past Turbo’s Hoet? They’re usually good for bits and bobs.

Happydaze:
Do you ever go past Turbo’s Hoet? They’re usually good for bits and bobs.

if only i had known, i was near here " 8800 Roeselare " this week loading at muscron.

im going to screwfix and put an inline switch in.

jessicas dad:
volvo 07 reg dashboard rocker switch going spare.

i want to wire my fridge into it so i can turn the fridge on and off at the dash.

I asume you are going to fit it in a blank space along side an existing switch on the dash to match in, as I don`t have access this week to a volvo, maybe posting a pick of one of the original switches may help us assist you in your quest. Especially if you can also post a pick of the back pins.

madguy:
Not sure what the switchs are like but i know the wiper and indicator arms are the same as on my Volvo car

I was thinking along the same lines, especially as I have a habit of stripping cars and hoarding switches and other misc items.
So who knows I might have something suitable in the garage

Thanks for the offers but I’ve been looking on maplins and they have a rake of different types of switch for only £1.99 so I’m going tomorrow to have a look.

Not as cheap as Maplins, but more in keeping with the Volvo switches.

http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/durite-rocker-switches-and-warning-lights-377-c.asp

jessicas dad:

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

Pay a visit to you local Volvo truck dealer and tell them you’ve got about a hundred grand to spend. Ask to be left alone in one to test the feng shui then get your flat screwdriver out and ping one out. Walk away mumbling you could buy four Ivecos for that.

baby seal:

jessicas dad:

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

Pay a visit to you local Volvo truck dealer and tell them you’ve got about a hundred grand to spend. Ask to be left alone in one to test the feng shui then get your flat screwdriver out and ping one out. Walk away mumbling you could buy four Ivecos for that.

Iveco are still dear for the switches, wanted some for a few extra electrical things £35+vat .

Iveco love switch blanks so much that if I replaced every one on the dash with an actual switch it would cost more than the truck was worth.

jessicas dad:

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

Errrh and a bit of scotish â– â– â– â–  in there somewhere as well if my memory serv"s me right maybe thats why you can be forgiven for been a Complete :grimacing: Numpty :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jessicas dad:

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

I had you down as cockshire! :grimacing:

44 Tonne Ton:

jessicas dad:

Harry Monk:

jessicas dad:

C’mon, how much?

I had you down as cockshire! :grimacing:

:grimacing:

Myself & a few of my mates have often found that for things like switches, cigarette lighters, interior lamp lenses, new ashtrays etc just ask one of the boys that deliver the chassis cabs of the appropriate vehicle & for the price of a couple of pints the part you want is yours :wink: