Do you agree with truck racing

After reading the many comments on truck racing. I would be interested to run a poll to see how many of you agree with the sport of truck racing.

Please fill in the pole and add any sensible comments, especially if you have not seen the sport or didn’t know it was still happening.

Apart from the first such race in America many, many years ago in which drivers came in off the street and dropped their trailers before lining up, I have had absolutely no interest in it. If it was standard trucks with real truck drivers instead of giant race cars with racing drivers (I once saw Barry Sheen in the thick of it for goodness sake) I may raise a flicker.

That first race BTW was won I think by some tatty old bonneted day cab tractor after seeing off some very nice rigs. One KW crashed twisting the chassis this way and that finishing up at right angles to the front axle. Nutters :open_mouth: .

Salut, David.

Yes. I was at a truck race at Mondello Park about 6 years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit :laughing: Its the 1 and only time i’ve ever saw the sport though, be it on TV or at a track. :smiley: :wink:

Its alot like tractor pulling, an aquired taste.

i think it’s great huge powered trucks racing each other however i have only seen drag races not much skill needed to go in a stright line but gear jamming skills required :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dangermouse:
i have only seen drag races not much skill needed to go in a stright line :

Visit our website on www.truckrace.co.uk/video.htm

There are 3 video’s on the page to give you an idea what truck racing is.

I love truck racing but unfortunatley i cannot get to see it and the company i work for only make parts for racing cars.

Would be nice to see some racing again.