Truck Racing

What are your thoughts on truck racing ?

Well I wish it was on TV, I would certainly watch it :wink: :smiley:

First welcome to TruckNet UK.
Truck Racing ? love it, Good quality racing, lots of action & unlike F1 it’s not set up in such a way that only one team gets to win.
Plus from a TV viewer perspective the onboard cameras give some of the best views of the racing in motor sport due to the size of the windscreens & the close racing that takes place.

like previous replies wish it was more accesable. have seen it before and thought it was great real close stuff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not a fan myself, I always skip those articles in the truck mags, but it does seem popular.

Have a look on the A75/ A66 after a ferry has come in from Ireland you can watch it live, although there is little comptition as the Irish drivers win hands down :slight_smile:.

Some of them paddy’s aint half got some guts. You gotta admire them really.

When I first went to Donnington, maybe 83? or summat, I did like it, as there were blokes dropping trailers and racing all sorts of motor. Over the years it’s got to be a totally different ball game. I lost interest when the manufacturers, or maybe money teams, whatever it was, took over and the spirit of the early days were gone. It was inevitable though of course.

I doubt if an Irish registered truck, limited or not, could out accelerate a Ferrari 355 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But Redlne Racing’s race truck can :open_mouth:

This forum is for discussion of the SPORT of truck racing, to discuss the driving habits of trucks on the roads please use the Professional Drivers Forum…
Thank you
This has been a public service message :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

went to Donnington, maybe 83

Sometime around then I made my only visit to see a truck race, I think it was at Donnington… I remember a guy in aWhite coloured Yank conventional had dropped his trailer and entered the race :open_mouth: Unfortunatly a disagreement with another racer lead to him leaving minus the shiny chrome bumper he arrived with :blush: :open_mouth: :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet UK. I was just reading about the
truck very impressive also like your service vehicles.
Good luck with the raceing :smiley: .

jammymutt:
Have a look on the A75/ A66 after a ferry has come in from Ireland you can watch it live, although there is little comptition as the Irish drivers win hands down :slight_smile:.

Some of them paddy’s aint half got some guts. You gotta admire them really.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: probably the most exciting motor sport there is
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rikki-UK:

went to Donnington, maybe 83

Sometime around then I made my only visit to see a truck race, I think it was at Donnington… I remember a guy in aWhite coloured Yank conventional had dropped his trailer and entered the race :open_mouth: Unfortunatly a disagreement with another racer lead to him leaving minus the shiny chrome bumper he arrived with :blush: :open_mouth: :wink:

Them were the days Rikki, It was great to see all the trailers parked outside, and the sheer variety of motors! Plus, i love stuff to be as unregulated as it can be! :laughing:

I’m a big fan of Truck Racing, I watch it whenever I can. I used to be a member of BTRA.

motors tv on sky chanel 413 show european truck racing :laughing:

Mal:
When I first went to Donnington, maybe 83? or summat, I did like it, as there were blokes dropping trailers and racing all sorts of motor. Over the years it’s got to be a totally different ball game. I lost interest when the manufacturers, or maybe money teams, whatever it was, took over and the spirit of the early days were gone. It was inevitable though of course.

I’m in total agreement with Mal on this one.Since its been regulated it got boring for me.A pity 'cos I really used to enjoy it.I’ve seen it on tele really early in the morning but it could do with Grandstand or some other mainstream sports programme getting behind it.

:laughing: Fantastic,seeing all that smoke from tyres and stacks ,European is great ,bit unsure as to why it is not so popular here!! going to Barcelona and Nogaro, will have loads of shots on my pages as and when,will be on my own at these venues so any one want a lift■■? will also be at Thruxton and poss Brands Hatch, Thruxton had a good truck show as well last year…ciao for now!!
www.truck-uk.com