Do i need an attestation certificate?

Just a quick one. Will i need an attestaion certificate to go into europe?i`ve worked 5/6 shifts for quite a while. havins holidays this week and next week (14 days off) then will do a week in UK 5 days the the following monday will be off over to belguim (first time over the water) :open_mouth: .

So do i need the said certificate to show i was on holiday these 2 weeks? i`ll be working or same compnay but be on a different truck for the euro work.

Cheers

yes

Yes, ensure you have a form to cover all the time in the previous 28 days when you have not been working or as I do it, a form to cover anything over a 45 hr break, saves trying to argue
in French or any other language, definitely to cover the 14 days off.

Yes you do.Or heavy fine for no records.From 2000 to 3000 euros.
The attestation activity can be printed off the internet.
Do not use biro or ink on it except the signature.
Your employer should sort it.
A company stamp makes it look official but not required by law.
You have to have the last 28 days records so the attestation covers illness,absence and holidays.
Do not ship out without it.
No photocopies are accepted in Europe.

Don’t forget to get a note off your mum saying that she knows where you are :wink:

cheers for the replies guys. much appeciated :slight_smile:

fredthered:
Don’t forget to get a note off your mum saying that she knows where you are :wink:

Don’t worry. My mummy knows where Im going. Shes gonna make me a biiiig packed lunch, and i got to ring her every 2 hours to let her know Im safe still or shell ring interpol (on speed-dial already!!!) she also gonna wash my clothes when i get back :smiley: I just need to bag them up (not sure 3 pairs of socks 2 pairs of boxers 2 t-shirts and a pair of trousers really needs bagging tho)

The real question i have Fred is why you have a pic of my mummy as ya avatar? are you my daddyâ– â– ? :wink: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edited for spelling lol

I can’t see any reason why you would.

What Toby said. :slight_smile: just done 6 for our full time drivers & part timers helping is out for a week or so…pita but there you are it’s less stress than getting a pull by the condomarie & having nothing…

stupidn00b:
cheers for the replies guys. much appeciated :slight_smile:

fredthered:

Don’t worry. My mummy knows where Im going. Shes gonna make me a biiiig packed lunch, and i got to ring her every 2 hours to let her know Im safe still or shell ring interpol (on speed-dial already!!!) she also gonna wash my clothes when i get back :smiley: I just need to bag them up (not sure 3 pairs of socks 2 pairs of boxers 2 t-shirts and a pair of trousers really needs bagging tho)

The real question i have Fred is why you have a pic of my mummy as ya avatar? are you my daddyâ– â– ? :wink: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edited for spelling lol

Nice one :wink:

We had to do away with the letters at our place, no idea why. We only do UK/Eire work.

We now carry analogue tacho’s in envelopes, and record our working days, start finish times, rest days and holidays on them.

Maybe it’s something to do with a lot of the lads doing van work as well as on tachos (van drivers have to record their work, breaks and rest on the discs)

Doesn’t bother me as I only drive vehicles with digi tachos

If you drive purely on digi, and have a full record on there, including for example holidays manually entered as rest, do you still need attestation letters then?

scaniason:
If you drive purely on digi, and have a full record on there, including for example holidays manually entered as rest, do you still need attestation letters then?

You would have thought so, in this digital age! If you manual entry any length of time off, like 2 weeks from start to finish, it is stored on the digicard, do a print out for any day in between will show 24hr rest recorded.
Some countries like to carry on living in the dark ages! At least VOSA are sensible with this subject!

I had not driven for six months then got a doing Gibraltar and Spain.
I asked the boss for the letter which he did but some parts were filledin with biro ink.
Got tugged by the Red Caps near the border at Irun in the Basque area.
Seven days later i was on my way.
The cash point limit was £250 per day.The court deposit was 2301 euros.Some running money went towards it.
Refunded on return to the UK from the boss.
The cops said my letter was false and wrote a new letter out every week to forge work times and rest times.
Some firms wire funds via Western Union or have an agent to pay traffic fines.

Does every country ask for this letter, and what if like me you dont have an employer, are officially retired, havnt worked for 6 months, and yet is asked to take a truck abroad, the owner of the truck doesnt know me from adam, and i have a digi card. Are you saying that i should have an attestation letter, filled in by myself, signed by myself, and carried by myself.

truckyboy:
Does every country ask for this letter, and what if like me you dont have an employer, are officially retired, havnt worked for 6 months, and yet is asked to take a truck abroad, the owner of the truck doesnt know me from adam, and i have a digi card. Are you saying that i should have an attestation letter, filled in by myself, signed by myself, and carried by myself.

Spain seems to be the only place that has an issue with it. No one else seems bothered.

I`m not gonna bother then… :laughing: …F…Em…i thought the French might want a piece of that action though…

The Basque cops like telephone number sized fines.
And so do the Mosses in Catalan.And the Guarda Civil.You can not move until the whole amount is paid.
Enough to make grown men cry.
Once you have the money to pay them,expect a day or more wait before they return the truck documents so you can go.