Attestation Forms

This subject was brought up in a chat with one of our Polish friends…

I always thought these were to be used on holiday periods eg.1 week/2 week etc

But our friend says that if your card is not left in all weekend and not showing break on a printout,then you need to fill one of these in to cover you for the w/end.And for each w/end you are at home and take card out…

I say you dont need to to do it for every w/end…there’s a bottle of vodka in it…!!!

My boss gives all of us one to cover each W/E break.
There is a new version out from a few months ago, with a tick box for weekend break (or any other short period where you’re away from the vehicle and can’t leave your card in).
Whether or not its compulsory I’m not to sure, but its better to have it and be safe rather than not and find out the expensive way.

YOU can’t fill it out though. It has to be typed out or computer printed, with a company stamp and gaffers signature. If you’ve got a computer, printer and stamp and you are the gaffer then I suppose you could do your own :slight_smile:

Simon mate Thank you very much mate, I do know that my mates have one every
time they take a weekend at home, and its been like that for a long while now,

Thanks for that very helpfull…

There used to be a template on the DfT’s website, but since it is now all direct.gov… who knows, I will have a look though…

ec.europa.eu/transport/road/soci … ies_en.htm

eddie2546:
This subject was brought up in a chat with one of our Polish friends…

I always thought these were to be used on holiday periods eg.1 week/2 week etc

But our friend says that if your card is not left in all weekend and not showing break on a printout,then you need to fill one of these in to cover you for the w/end.And for each w/end you are at home and take card out…

I say you dont need to to do it for every w/end…there’s a bottle of vodka in it…!!!

This is because he’s Polish. In Poland you need a paper for everything :slight_smile:

Simon:
Whether or not its compulsory I’m not to sure, but its better to have it and be safe rather than not and find out the expensive way.

completely unnecessary providing that the weekend break is taken at base or in the usual place i.e. the drivers place of residence

I never have attestation forms for weekly rest, even if it is a three or four day weekly rest, only for holidays and when I had a month away when I didn’t renew my licence, and it has not been a problem in any controls, which I have only had in Germany and Belgium, in the last few months.