Annual busmans hoilday

Ok ffffolks.
heading out for my annual busmans holiday on 4 May.Will have clean cards from the previous Tuesday afternoon,as will my nephew,who,hopefully will also get a load,to the same part of the planet.
Any tips or advice,particularly on that dreaded attestation thing.
While strictly speaking, were on holidays from the real job,would we be as well off saying nothing,as in, "first trip", for the week or ten days,(with obviously records to verify driving up to the Tuesday afternoon)or get paperwork to show,its only a one off trip?
Hopefully an Italian trip may surface,for us both.Hes never been out,but me?.....................................Im just sad and miss it!Photos to follow-hopefully!

Okay,as Im inundated with responses. :open_mouth: Digicard to be left in,on breaks? Country where I take break to be noted? Just dont want to be done for a simple mistake.

whiplash:
Okay,as Im inundated with responses. :open_mouth: Digicard to be left in,on breaks? Country where I take break to be noted? Just dont want to be done for a simple mistake.

1 What days did you post on? Where will most of those who can answer be?
2 Yes. A full record needs to be kept.
3 Yes. Can be up to £2,000 per forgotten entry.

In the sticky thread about documents, there are examples of attestation forms. They have to be completely computer printed these days, no filling in details by pen. The only bit done by pen now is the drivers signature.
If you’re weekending away, leave your cards in for that too, for an unbroken record. Sat afternoon, sign off as usual including end country entry, leave your card in, sign on as usual on Monday morning including start country entry. A Siemens tacho keeps the last 3 country entries at the beginning of its country code list. After those three it goes to the alphabetic list of countries (which can be scrolled through in either direction).

Thanks for your answer Simon.
Attestation question.
Might seem silly,but Im actually in full time employment,driving,digicarded etc. However,ill be on annual leave from my NORMAL work,to do the trip,so,would one be as well off staying shtum,and working on through like it is just your everyday driving job?

whiplash:
Thanks for your answer Simon.
Attestation question.
Might seem silly,but Im actually in full time employment,driving,digicarded etc. However,ill be on annual leave from my NORMAL work,to do the trip,so,would one be as well off staying shtum,and working on through like it is just your everyday driving job?

If you get a tug and they check your digi then they will know exactly what you have done. Do an attestation for your time off and off you go.

turnip:
If you get a tug and they check your digi then they will know exactly what you have done. Do an attestation for your time off and off you go.

That ^^^, is the answer. :slight_smile:
Do an attestation for each weekend of the month previous (so you have all hours covered for the full 28 days).

This link is to, as far as I know, the most recent Attestation Certificate - http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2009:330:0080:0081:EN:PDF.
It’s on 2 pages, page 1 is the legislation which requires you to have an attestation certificate.
Page 2 is the actual certificate.
The whole certificate has to be printed. That is, all relevant details have to be completed before printing off each certificate, including the signature at point 20 (I think). You need to put a * in box 16 to cover weekends on rest.
Use that form as a template for a word document, so you can enter the relevant details, copy in a signature and company stamp

Why the need?if u have worked the previous weeks in ur normal job

According to the guidance notes a form for weekly rest rest is not actually necessary, might be worth doing for a bit of belt and braces though. I tent not to do them for weekends as by the nature of my job I end up with loads to cover times when I don’t have tacho records.

The bit about weekend breaks is in the paragraph starting with " Member States are not obliged to require the use of the form…"

It also explains the use of the “leave rest box” in the paragraph above. I would tick that box if my weekly rest wasn’t on a weekend.

The form can be downloaded in other languages, by changing the “en” to the language you want eg es for Spain or fr for France.

Very true Muckles, but it’s just easier to have the attestation certs.

Why the need for attestation when he records for the previous weeks work with his normal job hiscard will have last weeks records on it

That was kind of my point,is there a need to confuse the authorities?However,my understanding on the attestation thing was, you practically needed one for every time you stopped to go to the loo!

whiplash:
That was kind of my point,is there a need to confuse the authorities?However,my understanding on the attestation thing was, you practically needed one for every time you stopped to go to the loo!

You almost do whiplash.
It’s to attest as to why you don’t have a record on your digicard/tacho disc.

ie - been on sick leave

• been on leave, which forms part of the annual leave according to the legislation of the Member State where the undertaking is established
  • been on leave or rest
  • driven another vehicle exempted from the scope of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 or AETR
  • performed other work than driving
  • been available and where it has been impossible to record these activities by the recording equipment.
    (the above from - Mobility and transport - European Commission)