Do i need ADR to carry these good?

Just about to pick up a trailer with 26 pallets of 1l bottles of bleach. On the notes it says ‘Gross mass exceeds 8 tonnes. Limited quality placards must be displayed for road transport’. What does this mean?

Best to get confirmation from your employer this way you cover yourself :'-)

It’s ok I found out now. I asked another driver who had the limited quality diamond displayed on his truck. You have to display it when carrying dangerous goods exceeding 8 tonne but as they’re all in 1litre bottles it comes under limited quality so don’t need an adr

Nate187:
It’s ok I found out now. I asked another driver who had the limited quality diamond displayed on his truck. You have to display it when carrying dangerous goods exceeding 8 tonne but as they’re all in 1litre bottles it comes under limited quality so don’t need an adr

Hi Nate187,

Limited Quantities (LQs) can be carried by a non-ADR trained driver, so you have nothing to fear from the job as you described it.

There is no upper limit to LQs as long as your vehicle isn’t overloaded on axle/gross weights, and there is NO threshold figure for LQs that would trigger the need to obey all the other things that ADR normally requires.

This is because LQs is a form of perfectly legitimate exemption to the vast majority of what ADR would require if the same goods were packaged in larger quantities per package than the LQ package size limit for the particular dangerous goods concerned.

As your documentation correctly said, you do need an LQ placard (250mm X 250mm) to be displayed one on the front, and the other on the raer of your vehicle.

You don’t even need a fire extinguisher either! :smiley:

dieseldave:

Nate187:

Hi Nate187,

Limited Quantities (LQs) can be carried by a non-ADR trained driver, so you have nothing to fear from the job as you described it.

There is no upper limit to LQs as long as your vehicle isn’t overloaded on axle/gross weights, and there is NO threshold figure for LQs that would trigger the need to obey all the other things that ADR normally requires.

This is because LQs is a form of perfectly legitimate exemption to the vast majority of what ADR would require if the same goods were packaged in larger quantities per package than the LQ package size limit for the particular dangerous goods concerned.

As your documentation correctly said, you do need an LQ placard (250mm X 250mm) to be displayed one on the front, and the other on the raer of your vehicle.

You don’t even need a fire extinguisher either! :smiley:

How about shotgun cartridges Dave ?

What’s the class on the shotgun cartridges? 1.4S or C? 1.3 - I think there is a 1.3 in cartridges.

nick2008:
How about shotgun cartridges Dave ?

How about them indeed Nick, but what exactly is your question please?