Ditched!

I would like to thank the driver of the blue hatchback who needed more than half the (recently re-surfaced) Denbigh to Bala road on Friday, with the inevitable result…

][/img]

Fortunately neither the Volvo nor my good self sustained any damage which couldn’t be sorted by a good wash, but the three-hour delay to my journey didn’t make for a good start to the weekend.

There was one bright spot, though, nice to see this in action…

I am pleased to report that flooding will no longer be a problem on this road due to larger ditches…

… and here’s to a better week on Monday! :wink:

Is that the bully boy Fiesta on the back of the Volvo?

No, it’s the council sweeper not a wrecker. Car driver went blithely on his way , blissfully unaware of the fact that he’d screwed my day up. :angry:

The road had been dressed with chippings previous week, and of course the dressing had camouflaged the edge of the ditch. I felt it going in, had just about got her back on the road when I clipped the tree-root and it shot the wheel out of my grip; I’d pretty much stopped but I had a full load on so the laws of physics dictated that the truck was going to take the line of least resistance which unfortunately meant I ended up in the mire.

According to the council guys there’s been a few “in-offs” round there recently, including a fire engine last week at Aberdovey. Bloody chippings, they’re lethal!

Ah gutted mate, but at least you didnt topple all the way over :open_mouth:

Must be a thing with blue cars running people off the road, i was on holiday a few years ago in Chlarch bay, and was going up the hill to the main road when it narrowed a little bit in the middle with plenty of room for two cars, with a lovly blue Audi in the middle coming toward me… and no sign of moving.

Choice? hit the audi or a nice soft grass verge. Grass verge it was. Apart from the huge hidden boulder that smashed my wheel and trye :frowning:

thats a nice old wrecker…whose is that?

Guy called Bryn Jones; pity I didn’t get a pic of his other one, rather tidy 1973 Bedford 4x4, ex-fire brigade.

Very efficient bloke, had me out in less than an hour. The Crusader’s mint, pic doesn’t do it justice.

and you missed the triple rally :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Wouldn’t have been me in the ditch… :unamused:

tartanraider:

We all say that… till it happens. :wink:

Tree root? :open_mouth:

Good job you didnt hit a…tree!! :confused:

Those chippings had me a bit upset doing Bangor-Oswestry, etc last Saturday back off a few days hol’s: The locals were impervious to the 20mph ‘limit’ though luckily my VW paint held off anything too nasty from the blitz of chip-shrapnel that each had in it’s wake.

Here’s certain that you were adhering to the 20 mph …eh?

gnasty gnome:

tartanraider:

absolutely correct as ive been in a couple of situations similar.

truck vs car?

you FAIL :sunglasses:

its a pity the number plate on the scammel pickup isnt (PTO) instead of ETO, please turn over. hahaa. i had a similar experience in a transit van once, i was delivering onto a farm and going along a narrow concrete road with heavey branches on one side, as i went past carefully trying to avoid them i had to go onto what i thought was an equally level grass verge but, it was a lot deeper than i thought, it was at least a two foot drop and as a result the van was stuck on its chassis and leaning over, i was just glad i didnt have anything heavey on board, i was dragged out by a tractor in the end but it was quite scarey at the time even in a transit, so, im glad you were ok.

So have we got the full force of Richard Brunstrom’s druids and North Wales police in hot pursuit of the Fiesta?

Or are they using you as an example and sat on their crack reading a Fiesta?

gnasty gnome:
Fortunately neither the Volvo nor my good self sustained any damage which couldn’t be sorted by a good wash…

Hi gg, Sorry to hear that mate, but the main thing is that you’re OK. :smiley:

gnasty gnome:
I am pleased to report that flooding will no longer be a problem on this road due to larger ditches…

:laughing: :laughing: Classic. :grimacing:

gnasty gnome:
… and here’s to a better week on Monday! :wink:

I’ll second that. :wink:

gnasty gnome:

tartanraider:

Nah…Truck v. car I win! 2-0 so far… :wink:

tartanraider:

gnasty gnome:

tartanraider: