Disturbing Trend

There appears to be a trend appearing after any accidents involbing trucks.

I have read and posted several times in the Hit and Run case on the A 303

However in last weeks Comical Motor there are 3 seperate stories about lorry drivers driving away after fatal accidents.

One was caused by a truck hitting a car near Keele Services, another on the M1 and the worst of all was: Sally Wilburn aged 3 was killed when the driver of a skip wagon hit my friends land rover :frowning: What made this worse was the driver tried to get a lift away from the scene and then told police he wasnt driving.

Are these accidents happening because of the lack of training or what?

If anyone has an accident at least stand up and admit it :frowning:

Sorry for butting in but I remember watching Crimewatch a good while back about the truck that knocked down the bloke on the motorbike(?) travelling along the motorway, drove on and then came off at the next junction. He then made his way back to the previous junction so that he could come past again to see just exactly what he had done…

It was featured again a year later obviously still unsolved at that time. I’ve often wondered if indeed this ever did get solved in the end… anybody know?

I really dont know what it is but the idustry does seem to be going downhill with regards to professionalism.

Whether it’s down to the extra pressure to get deliveries done than there used to be.

Or the industry is so short of drivers that firms are taking on anyone with a licence.

Or that there is a lot more traffic on the roads so the law of averages says there will be accidents involving H.G.V’s

But the standard of drivers in this industry has noticably gone downhill in the last 5 years or so

Or am I just reading too much into the knobheads I encounter whilst out on the road?

north surrey haulage:
Whether it’s down to the extra pressure to get deliveries done than there used to be.

I think this is the major factor. There’s a growing amount of people who seem to think that if something doesn’t arrive before it was bloody ordered it’s late. There are things that I guess are critical, but I think a lot of people need to relax a bit more.

if any freight was critical we would have blues and two’s attached to our trucks.if there ain’t someone laying on the hospital bed waiting on your pallet that you got in the back then it ain’t critical.i don’t care if some line in a mobile phone factory is going to go down if i don’t get there by x time,i get there when i get there safe and without accident.i think these so called drivers that leave the scene of an accident are the lowest of the low,how can they leave knowing that someone is in a critical or fatal condition due to his/her actions.how can they live with themselves,they only make matters worse for themselves by leaving the scene. :cry:

I’ve done urgent equipment/blood/document transfers for hospitals, and I never got the blue lights :cry:

allikat:
I’ve done urgent equipment/blood/document transfers for hospitals, and I never got the blue lights :cry:

couldn’t have been that urgent :wink:

The company I’m on contract to now have the right idea.
“Not to worry, we’ll do it tomorrow instead”
Takes all the pressure out of the job and in my opinion just encourages you to do your best for them because they don’t pressurise you.