Digital Tv Antenna.......wots the best?

Ok you pureists I have tried the search button… But I would like to know which Antenna is the best, I have a freeview tv with a mag mount supplied antenna, but I can’t seem to get a picture in many places, this evening i’m sat in sunny Corley MSA with a new TV and NO picture, I’ll have to watch a ■■■■ DVD again!!!

Not bothered about the cost I just want something that will Chuffin work!!
Thanks for the replies.
SMc

I’ll watch this post because i’m after one as well.

I have got a Status 315, it picks up pretty well even when just on the steering wheel. A few lads I know have them as well and don’t seem to have a problem.

i use one of those with a booster (magmounts) and sometimes its better to have ariel horizontal rather than vertical and pointing forwards sometimes but sidways other time. bit of trial and error really. other than that try a smaillish house outdoor ariel,that works for a mate of mine and its not even a digital one

i’ve got a omnimax ariel fastened to a cb mag mount on top of my truck. I get a near perfect picture almost everywhere. Its not cheap but beats watching ■■■■ every night… Actually £85 buys a lot of kleenex!

The main TV transmitters TX horizontally so your aerial needs to be horizontal (In most circumstances) or you will have 20DB of loss (In English, 1/100th of the signal). A log periodic would be a good choice 2.5/3ft long, wide band. Most camping/ caravanning stores have them with a small mast and noggin of coax fitted. I saw one with a pre amp fitted at B & Q.
Dont forget that a directional antenna not only boosts the signal from the wanted direction but also REDUCES the signal from unwanted directions. This is one reason you cant get the full range of digi signals (Analogue signals from another transmitter)

Finally (The granny and sucking eggs bit) FFS DONT DRIVE OFF WITH IT ERECTED!!!

G8YMW:
Finally (The granny and sucking eggs bit) FFS DONT DRIVE OFF WITH IT ERECTED!!!

:slight_smile::-)Good advice everyone don’t drive with an erection :slight_smile::slight_smile: