Digital TV Aerial - That works!

Hi,

Please could i have advice on the best Digital TV Aerial to purchase, my current aerial never receive a good signal and i am getting bored of watching DVDs. I spend 2 - 3 nights out a week so being able to watch the news etc would be perfect.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

J

No such thing as a “Digital Aerial”

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44692

All TV aerials will receive signals, digital or analogue its just a signal.
What aerial are you using?

What you need is a small log-periodic, it is wide band so will have gain over pretty well all of the TV band. It has gain in one direction so suppressing signals from other directions and being fairly low in gain easier to “beam” onto the TV transmitter.

Also remember the omni-directional (mushroom like) aerials have negative gain and any pre-amp fitted will boost noise as well as signal (The pre-amp will overcome any losses in the coax, better not to have the losses in the first place)

I have an Avtex aerial

caraudiogiant.co.uk/shop/by-manu … d_574.html

I have never been anywhere were i couldn;t get any channels, gotta admit i don’t always get the full list of channels, but as long as i get the main ones and a few more i’m happy. You gotta have the areial clear of the unit sometimes, i use to mount mine on a pole which i could attach to the wing mirror arm.

The pub norm have damm good tv"s to watch :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

This one is not cheap (£49.90 inc postage) but its the best non directional aerial I have found up until now…

parkmyauto.co.uk/car-portabl … -619-p.asp

Dickie Osborne

I’ve got one of the ‘‘mushroom’’ caravan types aerials with a booster, its mounted on a pole at the back of the cab, if I’m surrounded by other trucks it can be raised clear so its reception is uninterupted, I just have to remember to drop it down in the morning before setting off otherwise the pole gets a bit scared and his arms start to ache (thought I’d crack the joke first :grimacing: )