Digital tachograph question?

hi all,i am new to this forum and this is the first question i have posted.i have had my class 1 licence for about 7 years and have driven class ones on and off in this time for a local agency.my question is i am currently applying for a digi tacho card and wondered if it is worth getting one of the various dvd’s to teach me how to use the digi tacho or is it best to book a half day course.i want to get it clued up before i turn up in the middle of the night on a shift.any advice appreciated.trent. :confused:

if you know how to use your mobile to send a text, programme your VCR/Sky + to record programme to watch later and can post a reply to a thread, or even better start on on a forum…

then using a digi tacho should be pretty simple to do…save the cash…forget the dvd.

Save your money, here’s a good tutorial for using the digital tachograph.

I’ve been using mine, very occassionally, for two or three months.

I simply used what I had printed off from the ‘tutorial’ and haven’t had any problems.

On the occasions that it has been downloaded, no infringements were reported.

Why waste your money?

I have tried to create some useful links at;

link removed for review (re advertising rules)…Denis F

You may also want to try The FTA site at www.fta.co.uk.

digifob:
I have tried to create some useful links at;

I’ve only spent a few minutes looking at that site and can see that the information on the site is out of date and couldn’t find any links to digital tachograph information :unamused:

From the first paragraph

Driving off the public road does not count as driving time.

Wrong.

Click on the “Read More” button and you get these:

When a driver has driven for 4.5 hours he must take a break of at least 45 minutes unless the driver begins a daily or weekly rest period. The driver may take 2 or 3 breaks of no less than 15 minutes during or immediately after the driving period so that the total break adds up to at least 45 minutes in the 4.5 hours of driving.

Wrong.

Alternatively, 12 hours’ daily rest may be spread over the 24 hour period, taken in two or three periods, the last of which must be at least 8 consecutive hours, and all of which must be at least one hour.

Wrong.

When taking the weekly rest period, a daily rest period must normally be extended to at least 45 consecutive hours. The weekly rest period can be reduced to a minimum of 36 consecutive hours if taken either where the vehicle is normally based or where the driver is based

Wrong.

No point in looking any further :unamused:

PS: On the more positive side, I quite like your favicon :slight_smile:

link removed from quote…Denis F

I will go through this and post you a note to have another look when I have checked it. All the sources were top notch not sure what is wrong until I look.

digifob:
I will go through this and post you a note to have another look when I have checked it. All the sources were top notch not sure what is wrong until I look.

I can tell you exactly what’s wrong, you’re trying to use this forum to drive traffic to your site on the pretext that they will find useful information there.

I couldn’t find one single link to anything related to digital tachographs (which is what this thread is about) except for what you’re trying to sell.

Sorry if this seems harsh but basically you’re spamming this forum and I don’t like spammers :smiling_imp:

Your comment is somewhat harsh. I have never been reffered to as a spammer in my life, maybe a spanner by wife at times.

Very true I am not a truck driver but I am very much involved with the industry and I respect this forum for its information.

As a newbie I can only ask that my intent is proved over time. A pity about the welcome particularly as I posted in the newbie section and was completely open with my post.

I am from a supplier but I am sure you have hundreds of members who are not drivers but contribute a great deal.

Many thanks for the comments on my link - which was meant to be helpful. I have corrected the issues here as the old rules were showing instead of the new. Many apologies I have beheaded the web master.

Do I have to be lashed to a stake naked on the A1 for 24 hours to prove I am worthy? I already have my tickets for Truckfest, does this count?

Digital tachos, well imagine cooking, round of toast easy, xmas lunch bit more tricky.
Siemens digital=round of toast dead easy
Stoneridge=xmas lunch, pain in the rear!

Both simular but siemans far far simpler and quicker to use.

Whatever will they think of next a Digital Tachoster!