Digicard Reader

I have a usb card reader but i need the software etc to read card anyone tell me where i can get pref free

I doubt you’ll find it for free, £85ish seems to be the going rate.

If you’ve got the reader, can you not download it into a text file? It should be easy enough to pick apart - once you’ve got the jist of how the data’s stored it should be an easy enough job to import into a spreadsheet like excel or open office (if you want to do it for nowt).

An interesting 1st post. Can someone pass Sam a tin hat …
no doubt someone else will be along shortly and point out to illegailities of pirated software.

I have to agree with arronis, I`ve never see “clockwatcher, or Clockwatcher lite” on any download site.
Even if you search for either on download sites, the only results that come up are for an old movie of the same name.

A complete package of software + reader is only £100+ to buy legally.
But why anyone would want such, TBH is pointless unless your an O/O as you`d also need the key to download the tacho head

Try this i use it.

tachomaster.co.uk/

arronls:
If you’ve got the reader, can you not download it into a text file?

No, the card reader is just a physical connection between the card memory chip and the computer but you still need the software to read the data.

I also doubt that you’ll find it available for download apart from the legitimate sites where of course you’ll have to pay.

tachograph:

arronls:
If you’ve got the reader, can you not download it into a text file?

No, the card reader is just a physical connection between the card memory chip and the computer but you still need the software to read the data.

I also doubt that you’ll find it available for download apart from the legitimate sites where of course you’ll have to pay.

The raw data will be readable, the reader software is just there to translate it into something pretty - as long as you have the drivers you can connect to it. It’s a bit like putting a cd in the drive - you need a media player to play the songs, but the data itself can be read without. It wouldn’t necessarily be easy, but that’s generally the case with anything that’s free :wink:

I’m sure it will be encrypted raw data with a checksum to stop anyone altering the data otherwise it really would be far to easy to change it.

I know the unit knows when its been accessed and it knows what card can and can not access it so that implies a code routine handshake and a lock out.
Although hard encryption can be broke with time and plenty of effort the hackers would want paying as this goes far and above cracking a program.
The punishment is a bit more than pirating a disc!!
I’m guessing the code was agreed amongst the head unit makers and anyone who wants to read the data must pay a sum for a license hence the price tag.

cheesey:
I’m sure it will be encrypted raw data with a checksum to stop anyone altering the data otherwise it really would be far to easy to change it.

I know the unit knows when its been accessed and it knows what card can and can not access it so that implies a code routine handshake and a lock out.
Although hard encryption can be broke with time and plenty of effort the hackers would want paying as this goes far and above cracking a program.
The punishment is a bit more than pirating a disc!!
I’m guessing the code was agreed amongst the head unit makers and anyone who wants to read the data must pay a sum for a license hence the price tag.

http://www.ertico.com/download/digital_tachograph_documents/6_7_inpr.pdf

ESM external storage medium
IDE intelligent dedicated equipment: The equipment used to perform data downloading to the ESM (e.g. personal computer)

1. TACHOGRAPH CARDS DOWNLOADING PROTOCOL
    3.1. Scope
    This paragraph describes the direct card data downloading of a tachograph card to an IDE. The IDE is not part of the
    secure environment; therefore no authentication between the card and the IDE is performed.

:wink:

edit: This is the root of the digi tacho part of the site, but there’s loads of useful (or useless depending on how you look at it) information on the rest of site. I’m going to be busy for a few days :wink:

i wasted £100 on the proper package because i couldn’t find a knocked off version. but to be honest its not needed unless you hold an operators licence and run a few trucks. now i record start/end time break and work times on a spreadsheet, this calculates everything i need for my timesheet and WTD

Mr B:
i wasted £100 on the proper package because i couldn’t find a knocked off version. but to be honest its not needed unless you hold an operators licence and run a few trucks. now i record start/end time break and work times on a spreadsheet, this calculates everything i need for my timesheet and WTD

Completely agree especially if you drive trucks with analogue and digi tacho’s