Digi taco mistake

New to these digital cards and yes made my first mistake and need advice

Im sure I not the fist of last to make this mistake and need advice on what I should do.

Started my night shift and by mistake loaded my card into slot 2 rather than slot 1.

Our old DAFS from time to time flash up no card when there is one and so didnt pay much attention to the odd flashing warning of no card.

It did register on-screen my mode selection of 47 minute brake which threw me off guard.

Only when i switch vehicles 1/2 way threw the shift did i spot my mistake. My question is will the mode options i selected on slot 1 register if on my card if the only one in the tacho was in slot 2.

Or do or even can I go back and make a manual entry and overwrite the mistake. I did have the sense to make a manual print out of the shift.

Dont want to make a bigger mess so advice to a new driver would be very welcome.

you cant over write anything,
any modes on slot 1 wont show on your card.
all you can really do is make 2 print outs (1 for you 1 for the office) write on both what happened and draw in the boxes your duty up in till you swapped cards over from slot 2 to slot 1

you’ll prob get an ■■■ kicking but you wont be the first or last…

I know someone who did it years ago and just claimed he was 2nd man on the 1st part of the shift :wink:

I did that this week. Drove 40mins before realising. Just put it in slot 1 and did a print out. Just made sure I had a break early enough to include the 40mins, no need to stress.

If the tachograph is flashing “driven without card” press OK to get rid of the message, the likelihood is that someone has moved the vehicle in the yard without using a card, you should never just ignore error messages on the tachograph.

You say you did a printout of the shift, was this a card printout or a vehicle printout, there’s no point doing a card printout because what’s on the card is wrong, you need to do a vehicle printout for the day in question.

On the vehicle printout write your start time and an explanation of what happened and write your name on it then sign it.

You may want to do two printouts so you can hand one in when your card is downloaded and keep one with you, you must keep one of the printouts with you for at-least 28 days but personally I’d keep it much longer.

edit: Any mode selections you made for slot 1 will not be registered to slot 2 and therefore not recorded on your driver card, in fact the time you was driving would be recorded as POA on your card in slot 2, however as-well as activities being recorded on your driver card all your activities are are also recorded in the vehicle unit (VU) which is why you need to do a vehicle printout :wink: