Please help a newbie/digi tacho

Hi,

I’m a first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have only been driving for 6 shifts now and only 3 of those with a digi tacho so its still new to me. Yesterday evening (only 2nd shift driving since the previous weekend) when I ejected my card I have a feeling I forgot to change the mode to rest. I didnt take a printout as the tacho was out of paper and the yard manager was rushing me. I am now wondering if the tacho/card will have me doing other work till i reinsert it monday am and worried this weekend wont count as a daily/weekly rest. Is this true or am I worrying over nothing? I would really appreciate any help offered.

Thanks,

James

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Welcome to Trucknet-UK jamesfwpurdy :wink:

jamesfwpurdy:
Hi,

I’m a first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have only been driving for 6 shifts now and only 3 of those with a digi tacho so its still new to me. Yesterday evening (only 2nd shift driving since the previous weekend) when I ejected my card I have a feeling I forgot to change the mode to rest. I didnt take a printout as the tacho was out of paper and the yard manager was rushing me. I am now wondering if the tacho/card will have me doing other work till i reinsert it monday am and worried this weekend wont count as a daily/weekly rest. Is this true or am I worrying over nothing? I would really appreciate any help offered.

Thanks,

James

You’re worrying over nothing :wink:

The record will show a “?” for the time from when the card was withdrawn to when it’s put in again, the “?” will be regarded as rest by VOSA, so relax :smiley:

Apart from that, the next time you insert the card you will be given an opportunity to make a manual entry, part of this will be the opportunity to make a manual entry for the end of the last shift when the card was withdrawn, so if you wanted you could change the last mode to rest then, though there’s really no need to :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :wink:

Sent from my computer keyboard using my fingers :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Thats great thankyou.

Your sign off was great, still got me laughing and now about to look at settings to get rid of mine.

Cheers :smiley:

You’re welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay at Trucknet-UK (otherwise known as the mad house) :wink:

Strictly speaking you shouldn’t really be putting it on rest before ejecting the card. Unless you are on a night out it is unlikely you are going straight onto a rest period and will still have to return keys, paperwork, have your card downloaded and so on.

Start of the next shift when it says end of shift? say no, stick some time, I usually do about 10 minutes, then when it asks end of shift? again say yes and job done.