Digi tacho, start shift, end shift

last week, i started from the UK, then finished in france. i got my head down, but didn’t do the end shift in france thing.
so, when i got up i pressed the buttons to “start shift in france”.
then i did the same in italy.
does it matter if we don’t end the shift in the country we are in, as long as we start it in the right country?

It might do.

I think you can end and start in different countries for use of the ferry / train, but I think if you’re parked up for the night, then really you should be doing it properly, otherwise, if something does happen and you get pulled, they might want to know why you finished in 1 country, started in another, both being land locked and not clocked up any mileage…
Magnet on gearbox accusations follow.

limeyphil:
does it matter if we don’t end the shift in the country we are in, as long as we start it in the right country?

Not the best on this but I think there is a legal requirement to do the country at end of the shift

Manual entry with explanation should sort it - we are all human and make errors

The offence is “Fail to enter the symbol of the Country where daily work period starts or ends” and the potential fixed penalty is £30 for a current offence.

So I’d have to say yes it does matter :wink:

tachograph:
The offence is “Fail to enter the symbol of the Country where daily work period starts or ends” and the potential fixed penalty is £30 for a current offence.

So I’d have to say yes it does matter :wink:

It confused any plod in landlocked countries or with a bad geography result at school.

The times i have been asked why I booked off in Immingham or Hull and started in Rotterdam or Zeebrugge :open_mouth:

I think you could still do a printout and write France on the back, then sign it, all the other information must be correct