Quick question.

When driving on the continent.Say for instance you start your day in the uk and end up in france for the end of the day.do you have to advance your clock to euro time for the next day or leave it as it is.I’m refering to digi tacho’s here as that’s what i’m using. :slight_smile:

The digi tacho operates on UTC, same as GMT, regardless of the country you are in and it cannot be altered by more than 1 minute per week without a workshop card. You can change the displayed time to show local time if you wish but is not a requirement and all your activities will still be recorded as UTC. Most UK drivers just leave it on UK time as that is what you must do with analogue tachos.

Cheers for that coffeeholic.thought I’d just make sure.Been over once before couple months ago.I left it then.But was’nt sure if that the right thing to do.Going over on tues so i’ll leave it.Thanks.

…and for analogue tachos the clock must always remain set at the local time of the country in which the vehicle is registered :wink:

Inselaffe:
…and for analogue tachos the clock must always remain set at the local time of the country in which the vehicle is registered :wink:

I have heard that some drivers would shorten their first nights rest ‘sur la continent’ by 1 hr by winding the clock forward by 1 hr!!! You’d never have caught me doing that :smiling_imp:

Ross.

bigr250:

Inselaffe:

I have heard that some drivers would shorten their first nights rest ‘sur la continent’ by 1 hr by winding the clock forward by 1 hr!!! You’d never have caught me doing that :smiling_imp:

Ross.

I would be more likely to do it the other way round being a lazy ■■■■ :unamused: :grimacing:

bigr250:

Inselaffe:

Ross.

standard practice