Digi tacho - signing off in Holland - or not

Hi everyone, I have been a lurker on here for a while now and I have searched post after post to find an answer without any joy so…

I take a truck to Eindhoven twice a week, the vehicle has a digi tacho and we seem to get on quite well together, no infringements on hours etc but what I want to know is - when I finish in Holland do I sign off duty completely with the country as Holland (which it is) to eject the card and resinsert my card next day to return to England or do I just set the tacho to rest and start next day as normal? I don’t want to get it wrong but I can’t find out which is the correct way to do it.
I don’t do any other work at all and once I am parked in Eindhoven I am there for about twelve hours before returning home. I don’t drive any other vehicle apart from this one and this is my entire weekly shift, anyone please?

In the same way you would complete a chart in a non digi equipped vehicle with the finishing place Eindhoven you would enter your place of finish for that day as NL, and sign back on in NL the next day, finishing in UK that night.

I recently did digi tacho training and the guy doing the training tried to tell us that when we go to Germany or Ireland - same scenario as you, out one day back the next - we didn’t need to sign off and on as D or IRL and could leave it on UK because we wouldn’t need to remove the card until we returned to base, which was when he maintained we would be signing off. I argued this point with him to the extent that the company made phone calls to see who was correct. The answer came back that I was correct and the trainer was wrong. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
In the same way you would complete a chart in a non digi equipped vehicle with the finishing place Eindhoven you would enter your place of finish for that day as NL, and sign back on in NL the next day, finishing in UK that night.

Blimey :exclamation: - that makes logical sense as you have finished your duty for that shift/day - surely Brussels did not make a rule that makes sense :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Cheers coffee, I thought so, I have been removing my card so I got it right, I think I will reward myself with a pint tonight - thanks guys, great site as well.

You can leave the card in if you want to and just sign off in NL.

Great ta, all this new technology eh? I started on an old Guy big J4T, no power steering, no air clutch or auto box - nothing but brute strength needed and a log book that you filled in when you remembered to :wink: