digi tacho help

right for the last 2 week i’ve been doing class 1 work with loads of poa the thing is after the tacho been on poa over 45 min it rests my driving time is this ok i have my 45 anyway and keep a eye on my driving time i’m just wanting to know if the poa would class as a break

No the POA will not count as break, unless you are double manning and it is the first 45 minutes of POA when it will count as break. The digi tacho wrongly counts POA as breaka nd will reset the drive time clock.

You may count the first 45 minutes of a poa as a break if you wish.
I’ve not heard about any difference about the double manning or single driver thing.

limeyphil:
I’ve not heard about any difference about the double manning or single driver thing.

Thats News to me Phil where did you learn that?

POA is POA
Break is Break
Other work is Other Work
Daily / Weekly Rest is Daily or Weekly Rest
Driving is Driving

Why have POA if its just going to be counted as a Break?

Davey Driver:

limeyphil:

POA is POA
Break is Break
Other work is Other Work
Driving is Driving

Statement in one of the magazines. I think it was by Beverley Bellend

This is the only reference I can find to 45 minutes POA as Break

Page 17 Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs

On a multi-manning operation the first 45 minutes of a period of availability will be considered to be a break, so long as the co-driver does no work.

limeyphil:

Davey Driver:

limeyphil:

POA is POA
Break is Break
Other work is Other Work
Driving is Driving

Statement in one of the magazines. I think it was by Beverley Bellend

One publication wrongly printed one month that the first 45 minutes of POA could be counted as break. Next month they published a correction to the fact it only applies in multi manning because the 2nd driver position will not record break while the vehicle is moving.

Only reason you have to use POA as break when double manning is because digital tacho’s and the analog tachos with digital interface won’t allow driver 2 to be set to break while the vehicle is moving, so has to go onto POA. Presumably that’s to stop double teams from having one driver leaving his tacho set on break and completing a full daily rest while the truck is moving.

if they pay through the break leave it on break.

Easy solution, dont use poa. Mine is either on rest or on work, but i never use poa

cheers everybody i’ll just put it in break as i’m agency anyway :slight_smile:

daleyboy:
Easy solution, dont use poa. Mine is either on rest or on work, but i never use poa

You could do that, but I prefer to use POA when I’m sat somewhere for 4hours waiting, as I hardly consider it a rest, more like a Pain On the Arse, so POA it is.

Plus it’s useful if you want to split your break for journey time reasons, flick it to POA after you’ve had 15mins break, leaving it on other work isn’t an option when you’re subject to the 10hours working rule as you’ll rapidly run out of time.

daleyboy:

Amen to that. Stuff the PoA cop out for shafting us out of a decent wage and a real 48hr week.

Same here No poa Break or work but never poa