Poa question

If I use poa like I am.now as workload quiet got nothing for me to do.

Does it at all.count as a break?

Does it count as a 15 min break?
Or a full 45 if am here that long.
Yes i.kmow it messes up your tacho display etc at times

Yes , break & poa are the same thing , it something to do with tacos being sent for the French or eu

No it doesn’t count as a break, you have to use the bed mode for a break.

Poa is NOT break. The only thing classed as a break in this country is break.

dozy:
Yes , break & poa are the same thing , it something to do with tacos being sent for the French or eu

You should just hand in your licence, tacho and CPC card mate.

Dozy. The new Rog [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said POA does NOT count as break.

A digital tachograph will count POA as break and wrongly reset the driving time on the tachograph display after 45 minutes but legally it’s not break.

POA is neither break nor working time but it is part of the shift and counts towards the maximum 13/15 hour shift.

I’m sure Tachograph will correct me if I’m wrong, but POA will count as a break during double manning operations?
Break can’t be registered in slot two in moving vehicle.

Franglais:
I’m sure Tachograph will correct me if I’m wrong, but POA will count as a break during double manning operations?

Yes that’s correct for multi-manning, as you say you cannot record break on slot 2 while the vehicle is moving, so the first 45 minutes of POA are counted as break when a second driver is sat in the passenger seat with his/her driver card in slot 2 and the second driver is not working.

tachograph:

Franglais:

Yes that’s correct for multi-manning, as you say you cannot record break on slot 2 while the vehicle is moving, so the first 45 minutes of POA are counted as break when a second driver is sat in the passenger seat with his/her driver card in slot 2 and the second driver is not working.

This is purely a design flaw and is only accepted in the UK. Even worse is the fact they say “and is not working,”

If a passenger uses the cab phone they have deemed that to be work, but if the driver uses the cab phone or reads the paperwork on a lunch break that is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I sat at work for about on hour on poa as nothing to do.
So now I’m working again
The poa basically is meaningless.
I’ll still break after 6 hrs or 4.5 driving
Despite my truck tacho saying different

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

Franglais:

This is purely a design flaw and is only accepted in the UK. Even worse is the fact they say “and is not working,”

If a passenger uses the cab phone they have deemed that to be work, but if the driver uses the cab phone or reads the paperwork on a lunch break that is not.

I can’t comment on whether or not it’s accepted in EU countries other than the UK but I can say that the EU guidance is that “When a second crew member is available for driving when necessary, is sitting next to the driver of the vehicle and is not actively involved in assisting the driver driving the vehicle, a period of 45 minutes of that crew member’s ‘period of availability’ can be regarded as 'break” so it’s a bit of a farce if it’s not accepted by other EU countries.

For confirmation see EU Guidance Note 2

edd1974:
So I sat at work for about on hour on poa as nothing to do.
So now I’m working again
The poa basically is meaningless.
I’ll still break after 6 hrs or 4.5 driving
Despite my truck tacho saying different

I wouldn’t say it’s meaningless because the POA has set back the time you need to have a break, you still need a break before exceeding 6 hours working time or 4.5 hours driving time.

As far as I’m concerned, poa is nothing but a number fiddling scam, specifically designed to get around the 60 hours limit on your working week. Whether you agree with the number or not, it’s there for a reason, and the inclusion of the poa clause by the lawmakers shows to me at least just whose pockets they are in.

FFS! Isn’t 60 hours a week plus breaks enough time to spend at work?

WhiteTruckMan:
As far as I’m concerned, poa is nothing but a number fiddling scam, specifically designed to get around the 60 hours limit on your working week. Whether you agree with the number or not, it’s there for a reason, and the inclusion of the poa clause by the lawmakers shows to me at least just whose pockets they are in.

FFS! Isn’t 60 hours a week plus breaks enough time to spend at work?

Ding ding ding…

We have a winner.

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

Franglais:

I can’t comment on whether or not it’s accepted in EU countries other than the UK but I can say that the EU guidance is that “When a second crew member is available for driving when necessary, is sitting next to the driver of the vehicle and is not actively involved in assisting the driver driving the vehicle, a period of 45 minutes of that crew member’s ‘period of availability’ can be regarded as 'break” so it’s a bit of a farce if it’s not accepted by other EU countries.

Can’t see why Wheel Nut says it isn’t accepted in EU?
I’m sure TNUK has members who do/did double manning EU.
What say they?

I’ve never used poa as I too always saw it as a pain in the arse and a potential for infringements due to the resetting breaks bug/flaw.

However I am about to start, the reason for this is I’ve found out that my boss can potentially not pay me for any 3+hrs waiting whilst left on break as I’ve technically just completed the first part of a split daily rest and a company does not have to pay for any part of a daily rest!

Bosses being bosses are not ones to turn down saving a few quid where they can and I don’t really blame them, but it ain’t happening at the detriment of my wages and losing 3hrs pay! No siree!

^^^^^ 2h 55m on break then switch to a minute or two other work and then back on break. Sod 'em Reef, there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

Franglais:

In all the years we’ve been double manning abroad, we were never done for a driver taking a break whilst the other driver was driving.

And those Germans and French like to find something every time they pull you.

the maoster:
^^^^^ 2h 55m on break then switch to a minute or two other work and then back on break. Sod 'em Reef, there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

A good idea mate the pedantic awkward bugger in me approves, though in my case that time might not actually be spent in the cab and with my useless memory and luck I’d more than likely forget to go back and change it on time.