Digi Cards days

as we have to keep 28 days + the working day
i assume the minumum days kept on the digi is 29 days
does anyone know the maximum number of days that can be kept on the card.

and ponder this
lets say 32 days ago you had to printout because of hold up
on day 29 its binned
you then get stopped and your over time shows on the digi card

the suns getting to me now

hitch:

one member has nearly 12 months of data on his and he does full time tramping for a living

hitch:

and ponder this
on day 29 its binned

hi mate

there say it hold 28 days and starts overwriting but in fact it can store a lot of data it depends on how much you do and if your a multi drop driver you card will fill up a lot quicker than some

with regard the print out that should go to the office for there records unless you have given them a copy already

the printout will show them in the office why there may be an infringement on that day

I can still access shifts going back to Feb 2008 when i got that card, i do a lot of digi work and its stop start stuff, so don’t think you need to worry about not having enough space.

There is no actual maximum amount of days on the card it just keeps going till its full then will over write the oldest data which will depend what kinda of work you do, stop start stuff uses more memory, doing a long trunk with very few mode changes going to use a lot less.

I’d say it will normally easilly hold at least a years worth of work.

hitch:

and ponder this
on day 29 its binned

It doesn’t matter how much data your card holds, the information is also in the VU, and the employer or operator is legally bound to keep the downloaded data record for 12 months, 24months if using it for RTD records

my boss downloads from the truck every month but if he’s not about when i get home he says don’t worry as it holds up to a years worth apparently