Infringements on my digi card

2 of them over 4.5 hrs before break by 5 mins as tryed to get off motorway
3 before 6 hours no 30 min break wtd
1 i forgot and left digi card in other work all night
so how long does it take to over right all this on my card 1 month or longer thank you,

I think its 6 weeks or something but can’t say for sure mate.

It could stay on your card for a long time, it is largely dependant on how much work you do as the card is designed to hold data for a minimum amount of time, but there is no maximum before it is overwritten.

As an example, I only drive 2 or 3 times a month so I’ve got stuff on mine that goes back to when God was a boy. However as I understand it you only need to worry about it for 6 months, as after that you cannot be prosecuted for it to my knowledge.

As for you infringements, they are all very minor and easily explainable. Provided you have a printout to cover you leaving the card on other work all night then you will be fine.

Gogan:
It could stay on your card for a long time, it is largely dependant on how much work you do as the card is designed to hold data for a minimum amount of time, but there is no maximum before it is overwritten.

As an example, I only drive 2 or 3 times a month so I’ve got stuff on mine that goes back to when God was a boy. However as I understand it you only need to worry about it for 6 months, as after that you cannot be prosecuted for it to my knowledge.

As for you infringements, they are all very minor and easily explainable. Provided you have a printout to cover you leaving the card on other work all night then you will be fine.

cheers mate, i,ve a few bad ones just was,nt thinking straight

i work 6 days a week twice a month then 5 days a week after that total 22 days in 4 weeks

Gogan:

pmsl :laughing: and ah, 6 months… knew it was 6 something lol.

Sam Millar:

Gogan:

ARE YOU SAYING that the data is not over written for 6 months

gothika:
2 of them over 4.5 hrs before break by 5 mins as tryed to get off motorway

Article 12 Occasionally

3 before 6 hours no 30 min break wtd

Do you mean 15 minutes?

1 i forgot and left digi card in other work all night

Do a printout and write exactly that!

so how long does it take to over right all this on my card 1 month or longer thank you,

10 to 12 or possibly 15 months

It could be well over 6 months.

I’m fairly certain the last time I scrolled through it there was stuff on mine going back at least 2 years, and I only stopped going back any further because as it was time to crack on and get moving so it is not inconceivable that mine could go back to 2008 when the card was first used.

However, given your work schedule I would be suprised if your card had any more than 6-8 months data on it, as it has a finite storage capacity and IIRC is only designed to hold 28 days data minimum (though it is usually capable of holding more).

And of course it will be renewed after 5 years :wink: :laughing:

gothika:

Sam Millar:

Gogan:

ARE YOU SAYING that the data is not over written for 6 months

If you read my post and the quote above it properly then you will understand why I said 6 months.

thanx guys , i was down watford gap services other day vosa were doing all the coaches not trucks, upto now in 3 years i,ve never been pulled in by vosa, question if they pull you to check your digi card do they normally just check last 28 days, got to go now off to hailsham

if your worried then its a shame you lost card and had to apply for new one :wink:

Noworries:
if your worried then its a shame you lost card and had to apply for new one :wink:

Hi noworries,

Apart from a digi-card, where else might gothika’s indiscretions be stored that VOSA can find?

This is good advice:

Gogan:

Noworries:

Losing the trucks he has driven and arranging for a fire wherever the company store the data might be a little more tricky.

Thankyou.

Coffeeholic:

Noworries:

Losing the trucks he has driven and arranging for a fire wherever the company store the data might be a little more tricky.

Thankyou.

All feasible when you know the right people :wink:

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack slightly, but can somebody explain how the WTD applies to us?

I understand the EU driving hours rules obviously, just don’t see how the WTD applies

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Rob

robertsherry:
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack slightly, but can somebody explain how the WTD applies to us?

I understand the EU driving hours rules obviously, just don’t see how the WTD applies

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Rob

Page 46

Main points:

• You should not work more than 6 hours without a 15 minute break.

• If your total working time is more than 6 hours but not more than 9 hours you should have a total break/breaks of at-least 30 minutes.

• If your total working time is more than 9 hours you should have a total break/breaks of at-least 45 minutes.

• These breaks can be divided into separate breaks of at-least 15 minutes each and should interrupt the working time (cannot be taken immediately at the start or end of the shift).

• Breaks taken for the RT(WT)R can also be used for the drivers tachograph regulations and vice versa.

• You should not average more than 48 hours per week working time over the reference period.

VOSA don’t currently enforce the Working time regulations for mobile workers but companies will still give infringements for WTD none compliance.

Hope this helps :wink:

I was told that the digi card has 28 slots=28 shifts/days

So it will clear after 28 days after the event.

mick_borthwick:
I was told that the digi card has 28 slots=28 shifts/days

So it will clear after 28 days after the event.

You was told wrong :wink:

The data on the driver card is overwritten when the memory chip on the card becomes full, the oldest data on the card is always the data that’s overwritten.

Depending on how many activity changes you generally make during a shift the data is likely to remain on your driver card for around 9 to 11 months, but it could be shorter or longer.