Diesel theft

I had all my diesel stolen (well bosses diesel) on wednesday night,
I was parked in the first laybye westbound on the a31 just off the m27 around stoney cross,
They had about 250 litres and didnt even leave me enough to keep my night heater going!
I woke up as I was cold around 3am and the night heater said error so tryed to start the engine to warm the cab up a bit and she coughed and spluttered and gave up :cry:
I got out to investigate and found both fuel caps had been forced and all my diesel gone and felt sick as a pig!
I didnt hear a thing :cry:
Right next to a duel carriageway aswell… the nerve of these scum really has shocked me :open_mouth:

There was indeed a strong smell of lucky heather :unamused:

Im now going to repeatedly watch the part in the film â– â– â– â– â– â–  with the burning caravan :smiley:

Sorry to hear that mate, any idea who might have robbed you? :slight_smile:

44 Tonne Ton:

No idea my friend… No idea :unamused:

total madness:

44 Tonne Ton:

Patrick, Ian,Kevin,Edward,Ywyn and Stan. they had mine away just before crimbo :exclamation: :angry:

hi, i’m trying to shift some bits and pieces, a reno premium, a double decker trailer freshly painted, very nice, and also a very nice fh globetrotter. i’ve also aquired some diesel aswell, about 250liters, any one intersted?

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Shame about that mate, but, would ye have a pint left that you could let me borrow to get me bairn to the hospital please?

No â– â– â– â–  of diddy

wasn’t there any services/msa/truck stops near by you could have parked in,or is your gaffer 1 of these who won’t pay for parking? :wink:
£330’s worth of diesel is a lot to lose

jrl driver:
wasn’t there any services/msa/truck stops near by you could have parked in,or is your gaffer 1 of these who won’t pay for parking? :wink:

He is one of those who wont pay for parking but hopefully this might change his mind… but I doubt it!

tissltd.com/impregnable.html

pete-b:

total madness:

44 Tonne Ton:

Patrick, Ian,Kevin,Edward,Ywyn and Stan. they had mine away just before crimbo :exclamation: :angry:

Nice one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
http://www.tissltd.com/impregnable.html

These scum would probably see that in the tank and then make a hole in the bottom of the tank and still nick the diesel :open_mouth:

total madness:

jrl driver:

He is one of those who wont pay for parking but hopefully this might change his mind… but I doubt it!

well serves him right then mate,sorry it ■■■■■■ your night up but for the sake of say £20 to park he’s lost over £300 of diesel as well as having to come out to you sort it.
like you say,this might change his mind now :wink:

pete-b:

total madness:

44 Tonne Ton:

Why do people always assume that this family is responsible â– â– ?

I seen 3 [zb] selling stolen lead/copper at a scrapyard in Sanbach, took video and reported it to the police.

Their was a time when all /95% of diesel/load theft may have been down to them,but these days
their is a lot more desperate thieving scum out there.

People are to quick to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts,and thanks to this one family a lot more thieving scum get away without even being suspected.
I hate the caravan dwellers as much as the next man but really think should look closer to home…

jrl driver:
well serves him right then mate,sorry it [zb] your night up but for the sake of say £20 to park he’s lost over £300 of diesel as well as having to come out to you sort it.

Eh?

£20 per night
X4 nights a week
X 48 working weeks of the year
= £3840!!! And that’s just one truck!

You’d have to be losing a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ load of diesel before that pays off for you, and if you are losing that much, it’s time to sack the driver for being either a knob or a thief! :open_mouth:

FH16Globetrotter:

jrl driver:
well serves him right then mate,sorry it [zb] your night up but for the sake of say £20 to park he’s lost over £300 of diesel as well as having to come out to you sort it.

Eh?

£20 per night
X4 nights a week

You’d have to be losing a [zb] [zb] load of diesel before that pays off for you, and if you are losing that much, it’s time to sack the driver for being either a knob or a thief! :open_mouth:

Paying £20 at an MSA will not stop any crime against you or your truck anyway!

jrl driver:

Really are some dizzy people about :unamused:
Just cos you pay for parking it doesn’t make it secure :bulb:
Lets compare a £25 a night msa to a free layby/ind est
msa - scrap of tarmac
layby - scrap of tarmace
msa - no fence
layby - no fence
msa - crap lighting
layby - crap lighting
msa - no cameras
layby - no cameras
msa - no security guard
layby - no security guard
msa - open to every tom, â– â– â– â–  and â– â– â– â– â– 
layby - open to every tom, â– â– â– â–  and â– â– â– â– â– 

pretty much identical, you just leave a layby/ind est in the morning with a heavier wallet :grimacing:

mickfly:

FH16Globetrotter:

jrl driver:

Eh?

£20 per night
X4 nights a week

You’d have to be losing a [zb] [zb] load of diesel before that pays off for you, and if you are losing that much, it’s time to sack the driver for being either a knob or a thief! :open_mouth:

Paying £20 at an MSA will not stop any crime against you or your truck anyway!

not saying it will,but it should reduce the chances of having your diesel nicked by a hell of lot.
the difference is there are more people about in msa/services areas to see stuff happening then a grotty lay by somewhere,alright not all have cctv,but safety in numbers & all that.how many people have you heard of, that have their diesel nicked when stopping at 1 of them,least the police do a bit of patrolling around them.
do laybys have showers/wash rooms/toilets etc!!

pete-b:

total madness:

44 Tonne Ton:

I’ like that one pete, the same scum had 260 litres out of my tank parked in the yard over the christmas holiday. I always leave it as near empty as possible but filled up on Dec 21st with 3 shifts to go. Down came the snow & I never turned a wheel until the new year. When I went in after christmas the tank was emoty & took me 260 litres to fill it again.

BB

Try this site :grimacing:

TruckSecure