Did I pass?...well read on

Well,as I got into the test centre yard after 1 hours driving,I could just see in the corner of my eye that the Examiner gave a thumb up to my Instructor. Whether I was to except that I passed,I wasn’t sure,so I decided not be hasty in thinking so and ignored it.
Next was my reverse parking. The Examiner set out the cones,and I driven forward to the two cones,then paused to get my thoughts together. Started to reverse and put on sufficient amount of lock. Kept on looking in the O/S mirror trying to see the cones so I can straighten up,taking off a bit of lock,still couldn’t see the cones and kept on reversing and then crunch…I hit the friggin barrier.
Anyway,after completing the reverse,the Examiner had to fail me on that reason. Otherwise it would have been a pass :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Can I swear on this forum? Well anyway what a complete dd,pk,k***d I am,I just can’t believe it. My Instructor was shocked and lost for words.
Well anyway,part of me is happy with myself in a way,as I got 6 minors. He did advise me not to bully my way through oncoming traffic,being aware that I am a busdriver. But,(I did not say this to the Examiner) as a busdriver I do not bully myself through oncoming traffic,I prefer to give way for the sake of peace and being courteous,which I also adopted at first when driving the truck. But my Instructor said I ought to be a bit more bloody minded and don’t give them an oppurtunity. Oh well,I’ll be back to do the test again.

**NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No playing barrier bumping games next time :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So you done the reverse AFTER the driving? So the examiner can choose wich way round they wish then? :confused:

jmcg73:
So you done the reverse AFTER the driving? So the examiner can choose wich way round they wish then? :confused:

Yes they can - the only thing they must do is the controlled stop BEFORE you go out for the road drive.

Never mind, get straight back in you will do it.

yeah i did the reverse today too before going out onto the road, and what a reverse it was too! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Even if you fail the reverse they can still take you out on the road if they so wish to as it proves you can pass it just need to sort out the reverse so good practice for you

if you want to swear use zb instead :wink:

Sorry to hear about your ‘mishap’. I’m sure you’ll do it next time, good luck.
When I knocked over the barrier on one of my failed tests I still went out.
When I squashed the ‘B’ cone on another Test I was so pi$$ed off I just said “I’m not going out, have a T-Break on me”. :unamused:

Hey man thats a real killer. Rotten luck.
But at least you now know you can do it.
When you re-take it you will be really on the ball and will sail it I am sure.

never mind dude always do another tesr keep your head high and forget the past look to the future. which training school did you use and what are costs etc etc if you dont mind me asking as ive a friend who lives in east ardsley in wakefield near middleton (leeds middleton im guessing) looking for a training firm close by.

ROG:

**NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No playing barrier bumping games next time :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutely :wink:

mikewhi:
Never mind, get straight back in you will do it.

dinosteveus1:
I’m sure you’ll do it next time, good luck.

Oh yes indeed

Mothertrucker:
Hey man thats a real killer. Rotten luck.
But at least you now know you can do it.
When you re-take it you will be really on the ball and will sail it I am sure.

yep,I’ve established what is required when driving the truck. One has to be mindful that they will have goods on the back,and need to travel at much lower speeds when turning into or out of junctions,more like how a silver-top drives :smiley: and using push and pull. This was my weakness as I could travel into junctions with a bit more speed when driving the bus,just a Mercedes Vario like this one click here.
Also,it’s habits that I use when driving the car like coming off the throttle and dropping down a gear before braking (within reason) when approaching a roundabout. It is the reverse I find on a truck.,drop the speed and then change gear

bigcheese:
never mind dude always do another tesr keep your head high and forget the past look to the future.

Thanks.

bigcheese:
which training school did you use and what are costs etc etc if you dont mind me asking as ive a friend who lives in east ardsley in wakefield near middleton (leeds middleton im guessing) looking for a training firm close by.

I don’t mind you asking. To round it off,it cost me a grand. You get the Theory book,and about 20 hours of driving. In my case,on the first day I started at 0800hrs and finished at 1600hrs. The second day,it was 0730hrs until 1600hrs. On the third day,I started at 0730hrs and had my test at 1315hrs and lasted for an hour. The Middleton I’m at is between Rochdale and Manchester (M24). I went with stockporthgv.co.uk/hgvhome.htm
The Instructors are a good crowd and passionate considering they are being treated badly by the boss :confused:

K27:
… about 20 hours of driving. In my case,on the first day I started at 0800hrs and finished at 1600hrs. The second day,it was 0730hrs until 1600hrs. On the third day,I started at 0730hrs and had my test at 1315hrs and lasted for an hour.

I thought 1 to 1 all-day training was frowned upon as most trainees cannot do that level of concentrating for that amount of time in one session :exclamation: :exclamation:

Perhaps you are one of the exceptions :slight_smile:

Out of interest, how many hours do you recon you actually spent behind the wheel in that time :question:

ROG:

K27:
… about 20 hours of driving. In my case,on the first day I started at 0800hrs and finished at 1600hrs. The second day,it was 0730hrs until 1600hrs. On the third day,I started at 0730hrs and had my test at 1315hrs and lasted for an hour.

I thought 1 to 1 all-day training was frowned upon as most trainees cannot do that level of concentrating for that amount of time in one session :exclamation: :exclamation:

really,I’m sure there’s a number of companies that do 1 to 1. Well,it just shows that Stockportlgv don’t eff about.

ROG:
Perhaps you are one of the exceptions :slight_smile:

ROG:
Out of interest, how many hours do you recon you actually spent behind the wheel in that time :question:

Just worked it out,almost ran out of fingers :smiley: excluding my test it comes about 20 hours give or take. 7 hours on the first day as my Instructor had driven briefly and less one meal . Next day was 8 hours less meal break. Last day 5 hours prior to test

I’m sure there’s a number of companies that do 1 to 1

But not ALL-DAY 1 to 1 it is usually 4 hours of 1 to 1 am or pm because trainees usually run out of brain power after 4 to 4.5 hours.

K27 sorry to hear your bad news ,try and think of it as a practice,next time you’ll now exactly what to do and you’ll fly through it ,good luck and regards derek

ROG:

I’m sure there’s a number of companies that do 1 to 1

But not ALL-DAY 1 to 1 it is usually 4 hours of 1 to 1 am or pm because trainees usually run out of brain power after 4 to 4.5 hours.

Oh right,I’m none the wiser about that. Perhaps I’m a Cyborg :slight_smile: I feel like it when I go to work,I get programmed in :laughing:

trucking482002:
K27 sorry to hear your bad news ,try and think of it as a practice,next time you’ll now exactly what to do and you’ll fly through it ,good luck and regards derek

Thanks Derek. Yeh,a costly practise :slight_smile: oh well like you say I shall fly through next time. Not too sure whether they’ll put me on the road for an hour again. Would help if I can find my bleedin wallet so I can book the test,don’t know where I’ve put it :open_mouth: :unamused:

Yeah hard lines mate next time you will nail it :wink:

I’m so glad i don’t have to go through all that again :smiley:

jad24369:
Yeah hard lines mate next time you will nail it :wink:

Oh I,for sure

jad24369:
I’m so glad i don’t have to go through all that again :smiley:

I bet you are. I see you have just passed your artic in March,excellent. I’ll do that later,just a bit too costly for now.
My neighbours son had worked for Brakes,but on the rigids. He left because it was too much aggro i.e those that load the vehicle don’t load it in convenient sequence for the driver.

Hard luck, hope you have better luck next time :wink: