Diary

You do occasionally see “pallet forks” used by some builders merchants who don’t have grabs.

But not often.

Nice diary! Good read as always.

What length of bed is on that truck?? and also what dose it weigh empty?

The bed is 7.0m long and the truck weighs 12tonne empty.
I can get 3 gyproc pallets each side on the bed

Nice pic n’ so…but i’ve got to say…i’ve been looking at some of the vehicles you guy’s drive in your diary’s…n’ you lot don’t mind driving some old crap. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Then again true truckers…i’m just doing it for the money n’ freedom…only new technology will do!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Great diary and pics, my favourite biking roads.
I am definitely carrying my camera from now on, last pay was short because company I was driving for said I didn’t use hiab, because I’d phoned in about hydraulic problem, which I managed to get round,so agency believed them and not me :smiling_imp:
Watch out for me on big red Yammy, Alba.

SuperSmiley:
i’ve been looking at some of the vehicles you guy’s drive in your diary’s…n’ you lot don’t mind driving some old crap. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Then again true truckers…i’m just doing it for the money n’ freedom…only new technology will do!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

You indeed have very interesting view there, judging old(er) trucks to automatically be crap ones. I mean now offense here, but what keeps you thinking such way that only newest trucks are good enough? Of course the definition of a crap also varies from people to people.

I ask this because I like truck to be in good condition, but don’t require it to be newish. If I’d have freedom to choose I’d take FH12 mk1, preferably one with less than one million km driven. That despite the fact even newest of them are older than my license. They have best seats (at least for me) I’ve met and good ergonomics They are also very good to drive, much better than FH12 mk2 (year 2001? and onwards). Volvo also has invented brakes what can’t be said from another swedish make :smiley: :unamused: at least not before R-serie.

New trucks? Pah!
Recently had out a 6 month old Merc Axos, had more instrument light faults than I’ve seen for a while. When I picked it up it had just been in for a clutch repair.

SuperSmiley:
Nice pic n’ so…but i’ve got to say…i’ve been looking at some of the vehicles you guy’s drive in your diary’s…n’ you lot don’t mind driving some old crap. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

My truck is due for replacement next summer. .The company keeps the trucks for 6-8 years on lease. The new trucks have all sorts of fancy electronics and gizmos, in other words lots of time in the garage if it goes wrong, mine easily sorted without computers etc.

Unfortunately the weather up in this part of the country coupled with the sea air, has an adverse effect om the trucks. As with most builders merchants, delivering to site isnt always the easiest.

Dirt tracks, branches, etc all take their toll on the trucks. It might not be the newest or the cleanest motor on the roads, but its got me out of a few scrapes

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: