denby disaster

mr denby was on radio 2 today and if you never heard it then i would try and get to listen, also i heard the truck they were testing never made it passed the first roundabout, did anyone else hear the interview and his slip of the tongue comment, trust me you should have a listen was on the geremy vine show

he was also on calendar news in yorkshire this evening

Super-truck given police ■■■■■■ back to headquarters

What a surprise.So it looks like there’s not much chance of an 84 tonner double running with 2 45 footers coupled with a 2 axle dolly or a 72 tonner eight wheeler coupled up to a 45 footer the same way.If you wre going to make a point at least take one of those out on the road and do it properly.

Are the only people allowed to pull 2 trailers … A Showman WELL does denby not fit into that catogory… :open_mouth:

I think its a great idea as long as you have a depot right next to the motorway and it just does motorway trunking work… would only need 1 driver instead of to more redundancies … lol

Think I might just start another thread on this as three just isnt enough! LOL :unamused:

Carryfast:
What a surprise.So it looks like there’s not much chance of an 84 tonner double running with 2 45 footers coupled with a 2 axle dolly or a 72 tonner eight wheeler coupled up to a 45 footer the same way.If you wre going to make a point at least take one of those out on the road and do it properly.

FFS…does nobody actually read the facts? It was never designed to be run at 84 tonnes or even anywhere close to the 60 tonnes the green brigade were claiming. It was designed to run at 44 tonnes and to carry loads that cube out long before weighing out.

I think it is a clever way of trying to get approval for LHV’s seeing as the Government wouldn’t even give them a trial. I can see the logic, get the big outfit on the road as it’s only 44t, next will come someone saying “well if you can have that 25m vehicle on the road then why can’t we run a LHV at 60t?” It’s a very clever design but if it came in it would cost jobs, it’s not like changing the weight limit from 38t to 41t to 44t, for every two of those that is one driver out of work.

Conor:

Carryfast:

FFS…does nobody actually read the facts? It was never designed to be run at 84 tonnes or even anywhere close to the 60 tonnes the green brigade were claiming. It was designed to run at 44 tonnes and to carry loads that cube out long before weighing out.

Yes I did read the facts to the letter but I was referring to what needs to be done to make it all worth all the hassle.I know Denby’s wagon is’nt designed to run at 72 or 84 tonnes and if you’d read the facts I was’nt referring to Denby’s outfit at all being that it is’nt a double made up of 2 45 ft semis coupled with a two axle dolly or an eight wheeler rigid coupled up to a 45 footer the same way but why would those ideas not be able to IF the gross weight limits were just replaced with axle weight limits and the lenghth limits made to suit?.But who cares wether we get larger sized wagons for hauling bog roll and polystyrene for anyone who wants to see better trucks hauling heavy weights in fair competition with rail freight operators?.And if they’re really green and not just rail freight interest supporters then why would’nt they want more fuel efficient trucks hauling higher weights?.