Defect sheets

Just got a ‘memorandum’ from my company-

Weekly checksheets should be returned every week, without exception. This is required by law (relevent acts etc…) If you are sick, off duty or on holiday then the sheet should still be returned, stating this for each day it applies.

Now we have had one driver of for 13 weeks sick and basically they have told him it has to fill all of them in and hand them in by law :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

And they expect every driver to do the same :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now does anyone else have to do this. These defect sheets are just copies, not numbered in any way and our fleet manager has even told us if there are any defects to still phone up as they wont be spotted on these sheets :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:

Since when did regulation paperwork make sense? You’re expecting too much!

Just date each one and write “off sick”. If it keeps everyone happy.

We have a defect book which is personal to each driver> Just fill it in and put the tear off slip noting the defect in the box provided in traffic and the thing gets sorted, no problems, no question.

Most companies I go to include a defect section with their run sheets which, I guess, satisfies the legal requirements.

ralliesport:
*If you are sick, off duty or on holiday then the sheet should still be returned, stating this for each day it applies.*[/u]
[/quote]
and is your boss paying you to do these on your days off because if I had to fill in any paperwork i’d be asking to be paid for it. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

maybe its a new type of sick note

what can he defect

ralliesport:

Weekly checksheets should be returned every week, without exception. This is required by law (relevent acts etc…) If you are sick, off duty or on holiday then the sheet should still be returned, stating this for each day it applies.

Now we have had one driver of for 13 weeks sick and basically they have told him it has to fill all of them in and hand them in by law :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

Now does anyone else have to do this. These defect sheets are just copies, not numbered in any way and our fleet manager has even told us if there are any defects to still phone up as they wont be spotted on these sheets :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:

Your boss is making some of that up. Its true you need to fill out a check sheet for each day you use the vehicle. These should be returned as soon as is practical to the employer, if you are working daily then hand them in daily. You do not need and there is no legal requirment for you to fill a check sheet in if you are off sick etc… I’ll take a guess that the boss has had his arse smacked by VOSA for not having daily sheets and now he has gone overkill on them. Tell him to re sit his cpc!!! “ring up as they won’t be spotted”!! You couldn’t make this stuff up. Get him to put that in writing to you.

Why on earth does this bloke want you to fill out a form for a vehicle you have not even set eyes on :open_mouth: If you are not at work for whatever reason, he should have a record of it , therefore you are not responsible at any time for completing defect sheets, how can you be ?It amazes me how some so called tm’s get jobs , it really does.Does he make you fill out a defect sheet every saturday and sunday too? No I thought not :unamused:

Absolute rubbish mate…It sounds more like a company policy not legislation… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He wants to be careful about harrasing employees who are away from work sick …if he looks close enough there are rules around contacting people who have doctors certificates in…and are makingb claims from the state on the basis they are not fit to work in the period claimed for :wink:

Super Dan:

ralliesport:
*If you are sick, off duty or on holiday then the sheet should still be returned, stating this for each day it applies.*[/u]
[/quote]
and is your boss paying you to do these on your days off because if I had to fill in any paperwork i’d be asking to be paid for it. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
[/quote]
No I dont think they are, but they will be as I will be pointing out EU Law and the working time directive about filling paperwork.
However my firm thinks the law doesnt apply to them, or rarther its their interpritation to their benefit that counts rarther than what the law and VOSA say.
Luckly enough there is a meeting with an FTA representative next week and I will be discussing it with him. :wink: :wink: :smiley:

ralliesport:

who’s driving the truck while your away sick or on holiday?..if you do a defect sheet saying no faults found and they find one or vosa do are you guilty for not defecting the vehicle :question: :question: