Days versus nights

just back from shopping :open_mouth: with the wife. sally traffics on radio2 giving out all the jams and accidents… a14 solid, m602 shut, m1 solid, m25 solid m6… m5…a1 blahblahblahblahblahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz… how much do i not miss all that crap? give me the open road (allbeit in darkness :laughing: :laughing: ) you lot can keep days…i`ll do the vampire bit thanks :wink:

its only wed, thurs & fri, mon & tues aint too bad!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul

just remeber
night is the right time
and day time is playtime

stand goodbye :laughing: :wink:

Although I agree with you, nights is best. and I will miss the chance to do trackdays, go racing and get up when I like. I have decided to go back to normal days. I will be away from home more, and most of it will be European.

I havent quite decided who to work for yet but I have 3 choices :stuck_out_tongue:

I did my old companys overnight trunker from West Sussex to Stockport for three years, loved it most of the time. As I’m on Monday to Fridays 8:00 to 5:00 now and mostly all local work (rarely use a motorway now a days) it makes up for it.

Dave

never ever could stomach nights, even the dog got out my way when on nights. give me days anytime.

peter cherry:
never ever could stomach nights, even the dog got out my way when on nights. give me days anytime.

Same as me, nights are for sleeping(amongst other things! :wink: )

Big edit :smiley: my 1000th post! I think I will stop posting now :smiley:

The days follow where the nights lead :slight_smile:
Night trunking has to be some of the easiest motoring you can get in this country.

TC:
Big edit my 1000th post! I think I will stop posting now

My heart! thud

All depends on the start time, did 18/19.00 start for five years RDC’s & trunking, loved it :slight_smile: . Swapped companies doing similar work but with a 02.00 start, couldn’t handle it :cry: sleep pattern all over the place. So switched to days, don’t think I’d go back on to nights, but you never know whats round the corner.

As for clear roads, try M6 north of Preston upto M74 south of Glasgow, day or night, engage cruise control and try and keep yourself occupied, counting sheep, cattle and Llamas :open_mouth: (yes in a field nr Carnforth)

I did a night trunk once for a few months, I was bored to ■■■■■ by it, mind trunking bores me whatever the time of day! v quiet on the track tho. :slight_smile:

Work Shy:
All depends on the start time, did 18/19.00 start for five years RDC’s & trunking, loved it :slight_smile: . Swapped companies doing similar work but with a 02.00 start, couldn’t handle it :cry: sleep pattern all over the place. So switched to days, don’t think I’d go back on to nights, but you never know whats round the corner.

As for clear roads, try M6 north of Preston upto M74 south of Glasgow, day or night, engage cruise control and try and keep yourself occupied, counting sheep, cattle and Llamas :open_mouth: (yes in a field nr Carnforth)

Sounds similar to me Neil.

I start at teatime on a Sunday and usually finish about 3-4am Monday morning. Start lunchtime Monday and maybe finish midnight. Tuesday earliest start 9am, usually finished for 9pm and so it goes on through the week, eventually starting early Friday and usually finishing mid-late afternoon.

As a person who hates early starts - especially if I’m at home and have to travel to work as well :open_mouth: - I do enjoy this routine although one of my other trucker mates trys to wind me up constantly about me working nights (he starts at 4-5am every day and is finished for 7-8pm and he says that I work nights !!! :laughing:

Its got to be nights. :laughing: I start at 1am iam finished for 9.30 and the days mine kids at school, misses at work.bliss :stuck_out_tongue: No stress, no traffic jams, clear roads. :wink: :wink: If I get caught in traffic on the way home so what its better to be caught on the way back rather than the start of the day. :smiley:

night time is the right time

I was doing night trunks for woolworths for a while, and to be honest it just ruins your days off, your like a zombie and the daylight hurts LOL

Did night trunking for about a year. If you can stay awake it’s ok.

Somedays you may find it hard to get some sleep during the day, peoples everyday activities road workers etc. :frowning:

Then halfway through your shift the window is down, the radio is blaring, but you still end up drifting onto the rumble strip. :open_mouth: scary.

One lad I worked with pulled up into a layby for 40 winks the boss was ringing him on the cab phone at 08.30 in the morning he’d slept for 3hrs oops.

I do Night Trunking. Start 8pm -Finish 7am. :wink:

I find you get a better class of nutter on the M6 during the night, especially Thursday / Friday. :laughing: :laughing:

I was on nights for the Co-Op ( ACC ) for a couple of months a few years ago.

The trick is to turn your day - time into night-time.

Sleep in the day, wake up about an hour before your shift, and go to work.

When you have finished, say 6 or 7 0’ clock in the morning,treat the time as if it was P.M.

Have a couple of beers, cut the grass ( summer only if you do’nt live in a flat ! )
Have a cooked meal and go to bed about 10 - 00 A.M.

If your body clock will allow it, after a few weeks you will wake up at 5 P.M . fully refreshed and ready for work.

Cheers,

Niall.

p.s. The Jehovas Witnesses knocked my door at 9-30 one morning.On seeing me answer in my boxers with a can of Stella in my hand they turned heel and left ! Very strange :laughing:

Niall:
p.s. The Jehovas Witnesses knocked my door at 9-30 one morning.On seeing me answer in my boxers with a can of Stella in my hand they turned heel and left ! Very strange :laughing:

ROFLMAO

Niall:
I was on nights for the Co-Op ( ACC ) for a couple of months a few years ago.

The trick is to turn your day - time into night-time.

Sleep in the day, wake up about an hour before your shift, and go to work.

When you have finished, say 6 or 7 0’ clock in the morning,treat the time as if it was P.M.

Have a couple of beers, cut the grass ( summer only if you do’nt live in a flat ! )
Have a cooked meal and go to bed about 10 - 00 A.M.

If your body clock will allow it, after a few weeks you will wake up at 5 P.M . fully refreshed and ready for work.

Cheers,

Niall.

Ha :exclamation: Fantastic :exclamation: :laughing:

I can’t quite adjust for doing nights :cry: . Whereas normally I’d (hypothetically) start at 7am and be finished for 7pm on a night, I’d come home, watch telly, make some food, have a beer or 4, get a shower and go to bed and repeat the process next day.

When doing nights I start at 7pm, finish at 7am, good home, prattle around for a bit, make some cereal/toast, get a shower and go to bed within an hour of getting home then sleep all the way through until as late as possible before having to get up to go to work again. That’s what buggers me up.

I see where I’m going wrong but in reality it just doesn’t work. It doesn’t matter how long I’ve been doing nights for, my body-clock still tells me I’ve missed a days sleep and next sleep urgently, hence sleeping for like 11hrs at a time every “night”.

Bizarre. :open_mouth:

Rob K:
Bizarre. :open_mouth:

You can say that again! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: nice one niall, i do that too! bottle of stella in hand, taking the mail from mr postie in the morning :open_mouth: … eating full meals at 0600 etc etc… i love it!!