DAVIS TURNER

anybody got any pics from mid 80s onward please :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

Hi Gaz,

Sorry mate, but I’ve only got one pic from when I worked for a guy who subbed work from DT’s, but it’s at least it’s a start:

This is defo mid 80’s (86/87 ?) and I took the pic on my way to Austria.

I used to do a regular groupage run for DT’s from London to Wels, Linz, Vienna and Graz, and for a round-trip we’d normally get a reload from Gebrüder Weiss. It’s a long time ago, but I think I used to speak to a guy called Jean Pierre in DT’s office.
If it was a one-way trip, I can recall reloads for Schenker and Panalpina, but the boss also had some direct work from Falpa.

I also did some Italy for DT’s too, usually to the Milan area. IIRC, reloads came via Jacky Maeder.

Used to always use their free parking just over that bridge in London.

I remember Davis Turner being in 2 shed in MIFT on Trafford park. We (MAT) took over the shed when they pulled out. Also the MAT transport manager from Felixstowe went to work for DT, I think his name was Alan Johnstone.
Cliff

Here is an up to date picture Of one of DT’s,my uncle has pulled for them for many years on the run to Morocco.

EBAY 016.jpg

thanks for the pics guys, anybody got anymore please :slight_smile:

hey will, does your uncle still do morroco for DT.

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
thanks for the pics guys, anybody got anymore please :slight_smile:

hey will, does your uncle still do morroco for DT.

cheers
gaz

Hello Gaz,yes Uncle Tony is still on the Morocco job he is @ DT’s Dartford depot this morning,tipping then on to Sutton in Ashfield to finish tipping,then load where told to & ship out.

All the best Will :wink:

hi will

thanks for the info mate

so he will be away for the new year :question:

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
hi will

thanks for the info mate

cheers
gaz

Yes Sir,as i type this he is down @ Portsmouth waiting for tonights boat to Bilbao :slight_smile:

Great company did a couple of loads to Baghdad and Greece for them over 30 years ago they had that terrible office on the Thames bridge where the pie stall was ,nice staff good payers and always on time with the payment ,still going which says a lot for a company these days ,started small still not massive which is great for the OD :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Roger Haywood

Will:

tetragaz:
hi will

thanks for the info mate

cheers
gaz

Yes Sir,as i type this he is down @ Portsmouth waiting for tonights boat to Bilbao :slight_smile:

lucky man heading off to somewhere warm & exotic :slight_smile: do you think he will have any picture’s of his trucks that he’s owned in the past.

cheers
gaz

Not a very good pic, but the Transcon’ is fairly distinctive, so someone might recognise her!

IMG_0011.jpg

Battersea Power Station in background!

Will:

He must be one of the last Brit’s still on that DT job, a good mate of mine pulled off in Sept/Oct when they cut the rates to what the ‘Eastern boys’ were doing it for!!

Ross.

Plenty of em still on it Ross, Willi Betz are double manned, if they get an urgent job they’ll get a Brit to load it & change over with a Willi.

I did a spell on it for them years back but in all honesty they were’nt a patch on Manno’s, they where just ideal if you err herrm needed to be there for a while each trip for whatever reason :open_mouth:

In fact I’ve been to Turkey, Greece & Marocco for them over the years & wherever you go there agents where slow & second rate, Omega in Greece where diabolical. The Woman in Casablanca was a joke too as I recall.

I will say though i took ill in Fes whilst subbing for them & DT’s could’nt do enough for Me they really where terrific, and the big plus 100% no problems getting money off them. I think the rates are East European now though :frowning:

I’ve a few pics somwhere with one of there garment vans on I’ll dig em out when I get five…

fly sheet:
I think the rates are East European now though :frowning:

I’ve a few pics somwhere with one of there garment vans on I’ll dig em out when I get five…

Eastern European rates is right, I won’t discuss money on here any more (too many idiots) but when my mate was on there he ran this Daf, you might know it? (it had full chequer plate infill last time I saw it)

He sold it recently & bought a 6 wheel unit.

Ross.

Be well after My time that lorry Ross, it would be 99-02 I was up & down to Marocco. I still know a few of them on there though & hear some gossip now & again. I’d have thought it would have been ■■■■■■ years ago the garment job was moving on when I was still going & thats as you can see a good few years back…

fly sheet:
Be well after My time that lorry Ross, it would be 99-02 I was up & down to Marocco. I still know a few of them on there though & hear some gossip now & again. I’d have thought it would have been [zb] years ago the garment job was moving on when I was still going & thats as you can see a good few years back…

I remember well seeing all of the Mann’s box trailers up & down Spain, I was parked up once between Arcos & Antequera when it seemed like 25 of their trailers thundered past Northbound in the middle of the night, it was probably only 5 or 6 but it seemed like much more, I’d never seen them on that road before!!

Ross.

I think that TransCon was Brian Robertsons. He used to do the Baghdad run for DT and still pulls for them now on a Germany run.

I subbed for them off and on until I came out here, mainly Italy, Spain and Germany.

This was in Alicante as I recall.