Dashboard warning - identify?

its a new one on me and its on an FM. for want of a better description, its like a letter box with the flap slightly open. no red warnings or anything like that. the CHECK light above the normal display lit up and this symbol appeared. it seems random too. it was consistent this morning but for the last couple of hours it just flicked up and disappeared constantly for ages which says ingress of water to a sensor somewhere. dont know where though cos i dont know what it means. checked the side bins etc but every external flap was secure :confused:
anyone know what it is?

your side lockers open. well thats what its for, probably dodgy sensors

It’s a warning light that the side lockers are open.

could it a sensor (if there is one) on the pull up front grill :question: :confused: :confused:

it could mean that your p45,s in the post :laughing:
trucks know everything these days :wink:

:open_mouth: It’s a picture of a folder :wink:

Did you forget your 342 hand drawn maps today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:
its a new one on me and its on an FM. for want of a better description, its like a letter box with the flap slightly open. no red warnings or anything like that. the CHECK light above the normal display lit up and this symbol appeared. it seems random too. it was consistent this morning but for the last couple of hours it just flicked up and disappeared constantly for ages which says ingress of water to a sensor somewhere. dont know where though cos i dont know what it means. checked the side bins etc but every external flap was secure :confused:
anyone know what it is?

Warnings in Red means “Stop Imediatelly!”
Red Flashing: “Stop when Possible!”
Yellow “Check when Time!”

What the Sign shows see in Driver Manual.Could be anything

Scroll through your computer messages on the right hand stalk and it should have saved any faults. I cant remember the envelope though

montana man:
:shock: It’s a picture of a folder :wink:

Did you forget your 342 hand drawn maps today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

I had this on an FH12 the other day, first time i’d seen it and it didn’t seem to be a red/amber warning just a message saying Check and the letterbox type icon. Don’t recall the side locker being open though :confused: The fitter had no idea what it was either.

Kiowan:
I had this on an FH12 the other day, first time i’d seen it and it didn’t seem to be a red/amber warning just a message saying Check and the letterbox type icon. Don’t recall the side locker being open though :confused: The fitter had no idea what it was either.

same here. i didnt defect it but i dropped in on him to ask about it. nothing logged in the faults log and he didnt know what it meant.

drivers manual in a fleet vehicle? only in the hired units

Kiowan:

Does it mean that Santa needs a bigger opening so that your presents can be delivered :question:

ROG:

Kiowan:

Does it mean that Santa needs a bigger opening so that your presents can be delivered :question:

No, it means he needs a bigger opening to get all his 342 maps in! Then he’d be able to shut the door and the warning lights wouldn’t be an issue! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave:
your side lockers open. well thats what its for, probably dodgy sensors

correct we had a fm 51 platethat did it all the time ,just a dodgy sensor (until contents of locker are strewen all over the road :smiley: )

jon

The symbol you saw was a side locker warning.

Door open/ faulty switch. I think this may be connected to the locker that has a
lamp inside, so is probably triggered by the same switch.

I’m not sure if you get the warning if both lockers are open or just the one that’s
lit. Don’t have a clue where the switches are!

It’s to tell you that the bulb in the warning light is working.
Get an Actros - you’ll soon learn to live with warnings :laughing: